Cheapest 2013 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want the cheapest auto insurance rates for your Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD? Are you sick and tired of trying to scrape together enough money each month for car insurance? You are no different than many other drivers.
With so many choices of insurance companies, it’s nearly impossible to pick the cheapest company.
Free Quotes for Insurance
The are a couple different ways to compare rate quotes and find the best price. One of the best ways to find the cheapest 2013 Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online. This is very easy and can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- Probably the best way to find the lowest comparison rates is to use a rate comparison form click to view form in new window. This method eliminates the need for separate quote forms for each company you want a rate for. Taking the time to complete one form will return quotes from insurance companies with the best prices.
- A slightly less efficient method to compare prices requires visiting each company website to request a price quote. For examples sake, we’ll pretend you want to compare GEICO, Progressive and GMAC. To get each rate you have to take the time to go to each site and enter your information, which is why most consumers use the first method.
To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
- The least efficient way of comparing rate quotes is to drive around to and from local insurance agencies. Shopping for insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a need for the trained guidance of a licensed agent. It is possible to compare online quotes but buy from a local insurance agent and we’ll touch on that later.
Whichever way you use, be sure to compare apples-to-apples coverage limits and deductibles for every quote you compare. If you enter different deductibles it will be impossible to make a fair comparison for your Chevy Silverado 2500HD. Slightly different insurance coverages could mean much higher rates. Keep in mind that getting more free quotes helps you find lower pricing.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Car insurance companies don’t list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of both the well known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of a qualifying organization may earn a discount when buying insurance coverage for SilveradoHD coverage.
- College Student – Children who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers may receive better insurance coverage rates for SilveradoHD coverage.
- Safe Driver Discount – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% less for SilveradoHD coverage than drivers with accident claims.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a course in driver safety can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less since new cars are generally safer.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Car insurance companies that may offer these money-saving discounts are:
Before buying, ask each company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not apply everywhere.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When it comes to buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2013 Chevy Silverado 2500HD is totaled?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Car insurance coverages for a 2013 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
Knowing the specifics of a car insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are typical coverages available from car insurance companies.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Silverado 2500HD resulting from a collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as crashing into a ditch, crashing into a building, scraping a guard rail, sustaining damage from a pot hole and driving through your garage door. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as hail damage, a broken windshield, damage from a tornado or hurricane, vandalism and hitting a deer. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Medical expense coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for short-term medical expenses for things like hospital visits, pain medications, X-ray expenses and rehabilitation expenses. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
This provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people that is your fault. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like structural damage, legal defense fees, bail bonds, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and emergency aid. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Chevy Silverado 2500HD.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Don’t throw your cash in the trash
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to save on 2013 Chevy Silverado 2500HD insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may even discover the best prices are with a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
As you shop your coverage around, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate.
Budget-conscious insurance can be purchased on the web and with local insurance agents, so compare prices from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance coverage companies do not offer online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
Additional information is located below:
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area