View 2013 Chevrolet Malibu Car Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 20, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Cutting costs on car insurance can be nearly impossible for consumers not familiar with comparing rates online. Consumers have so many companies to choose from that it can be a lot of work to find the best price.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is not rocket science. If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce your rates substantially using this strategy. Although consumers must comprehend how companies sell insurance online and apply this information to your search. Find the best prices for 2013 Malibu insurance costs today.
Lower Rates by Qualifying for Discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t list every available discount very clearly, so the following is a list of both the well known and the harder-to-find ways to save on auto insurance.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies with one company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on Malibu insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education in school.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple vehicles on the same auto insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner may trigger a auto insurance policy discount because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
For a list of insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts, click here to view.
Compare Car Insurance Today
To find the best car insurance prices, there are several ways to compare rate quotes and find the best price. The easiest way to find the lowest 2013 Chevy Malibu costs consists of shopping online. This can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- Probably the best way to find low rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison click here to open form in new window. This form prevents you from having to do repetitive form entry to each individual car insurance company. One form submission compares rates from car insurance companies with the best prices.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
- A more difficult way to analyze rates is spending the time to visit each company website and fill out their own quote form. For examples sake, we’ll pretend you want rates from Farmers, GEICO and Allstate. To get rate quotes you would need to go to every website and enter your information, which is why most consumers use the first method.For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
- The most time-consuming method of getting rate comparisons is to waste gas driving to insurance agents’ offices. The ability to buy insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you prefer the personal advice only provided by licensed agents. It is possible to compare online quotes and still use a local agent.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just make darn sure you compare identical coverage limits and deductibles with each company. If you are comparing different limits and deductibles on each one it’s impossible to truly determine the lowest rate. Just a small difference in coverages can mean a large discrepancy in price. And when price shopping your coverage, comparing more company’s prices will increase your chances of finding the best price.
These Factors can Influence 2013 Malibu Costs for Insurance
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that go into determining the price you pay for car insurance. Knowing what impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get big savings.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine your rates.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts – Most insurance companies provide better rates to insureds who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to 10 percent or more. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still be able to find a better deal by buying car insurance from a different company.
- Do you need the policy add-ons? – There are many additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your Malibu policy. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, accidental death and term life insurance may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Safer occupants lowers premiums – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Chevy earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may qualify for a discount.
- More claims means more premium – If you frequently file small claims, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies generally give discounts to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Auto insurance is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Car Insurance is Unique, Just Like You
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions can help discover if your situation may require specific advice.
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2013 Chevy Malibu is totaled?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Insurance Coverage Basics
Understanding the coverages of your policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Liability – This coverage will cover damage that occurs to other people or property that is your fault. It protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show values of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things like emergency aid, legal defense fees, attorney fees and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Collision – Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Malibu from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things such as crashing into a ditch, scraping a guard rail and damaging your car on a curb. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Chevy Malibu.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, a broken windshield and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for expenses for things like hospital visits, ambulance fees, chiropractic care and EMT expenses. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Get Your Money’s Worth
Discounts for 2013 Chevy Malibu insurance can be sourced both online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not provide online quoting and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
We just showed you a lot of techniques to compare insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the best prices are with a smaller regional carrier.
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, denial of a claim, delays in paying claims and even not issuing a premium refund. Whatever your reason, switching insurance coverage companies can be easier than you think.
Much more information about insurance coverage can be read on the following sites:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area