Cheapest 2013 Cadillac ATS Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Cutting costs on insurance is always nearly impossible for consumers new to comparing rates online. There are so many choices that it can be a big hassle to find the best price.
The purpose of this article is to tell you the most effective way to quote insurance and some tips to save money. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to cut costs considerably using these tips. But car owners can benefit from knowing how companies compete online.
Discounts mean cheaper 2013 Cadillac ATS insurance rates
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, buy you may qualify for discounts that you may not know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before they will apply.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off on ATS coverage with select insurance companies.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less when compared to bad drivers.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Accident Waiver – A few companies allow you one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
For a list of providers with the best insurance coverage discounts, click here to view.
Factors that can influence Cadillac ATS insurance rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that help determine the price you pay for insurance. Knowing what influences your rates enables informed choices that can help you get big savings.
The following are some of the items insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Marriage brings a discount – Having a spouse can get you a discount on insurance. Marriage usually means you are more responsible it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your insurance. Theft prevention devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Allowing your insurance policy to lapse will be a sure-fire way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will rates go up, but not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a steep fine or even jail time.
- Clean credit earns discounts – Your credit score is a important factor in calculating your insurance rates. So if your credit is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2013 Cadillac ATS by spending a little time repairing your credit. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with poor credit.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Do you really save 40% when you switch?
Insurance providers like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO continually stream ads in print and on television. They all make the same claim that you’ll save big after switching to their company. How does each company say the same thing? It’s all in the numbers.
Different companies can use profiling for the type of driver that earns them a profit. For example, a desirable insured might be over the age of 50, has no tickets, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A customer getting a price quote who matches those parameters gets the lowest rates and most likely will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential insureds who don’t qualify for these standards will be charged higher prices which leads to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much. That’s why insurance companies can make those claims.
That is why it’s extremely important to quote coverage with many companies. It is impossible to predict which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings on Cadillac ATS insurance.
Information about specific coverages
Knowing the specifics of your policy can help you determine the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Cadillac ATS.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Medical expense coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for short-term medical expenses for things like rehabilitation expenses, pain medications, EMT expenses and funeral costs. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as court costs, pain and suffering, structural damage and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage pays for damage to your ATS caused by collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things such as colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a building, backing into a parked car and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as fire damage, theft, falling objects, hitting a deer and rock chips in glass. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
More quotes mean more savings
People switch companies for many reasons like policy non-renewal, denial of a claim, delays in responding to claim requests and even extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching insurance coverage companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Cheap 2013 Cadillac ATS insurance can be bought online as well as from independent agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, an accident victim reduced full coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
More detailed insurance coverage information can be found at these sites:
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area