Cheapest 2013 BMW X5 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper insurance rates for your BMW X5? How much does BMW X5 insurance cost? No one in their right mind looks forward to buying insurance, in particular when their premiums are through the roof.
Having so many different company options, it can be hard to locate the cheapest company.
How to Lower Your BMW X5 Insurance Cost
When shopping for auto insurance there are multiple ways of comparing rates and find the best price. By far the easiest way to compare 2013 BMW X5 insurance prices is to perform an online rate comparison. Find out how much it costs to insure a BMW X5. This is very easy and can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
The fastest way to compare a lot of rates at once is to use a rate comparison form like this one (opens in new window). This type of form eliminates the need for separate quote forms for every auto insurance company. Just one form will get you rate comparisons from all major companies.
A different way to compare rate quotes consists of going to each individual company website and fill out their own quote form. For examples sake, let’s say you want to compare Liberty Mutual, Allstate and Travelers. To get rate quotes you would need to take the time to go to each site and enter your policy data, which is why most consumers use the first method. For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
The least efficient way to get comparison rates is driving to local insurance agencies. The internet can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you prefer the personal advice that only a license agent can provide. You can, however, get prices online but buy from a local insurance agent and we’ll talk about that later.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just make sure you use the exact same coverage information for every company. If the quotes have different liability limits you can’t possibly decipher which rate is best. Slightly different insurance coverages may cause a big price difference. And when quoting auto insurance, remember that having more price comparisons gives you a better chance of getting a lower rate.
Save on BMW X5 Insurance Costs With Discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be inquired about before they will apply.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Accident Forgiveness – Some insurance companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles could qualify for a substantially lower rate.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more for X5 insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Life Insurance – Larger companies have lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home may trigger a insurance policy discount because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like you could get a free insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But any discount will help reduce the cost of coverage.
Car insurance companies that may offer these discounts include:
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Farm Bureau
- State Farm
Before buying, ask each company how you can save money. Some discounts may not apply in your state.
Factors That can Influence BMW X5 Insurance Costs
It’s important that you understand the factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance. Understanding what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that can help you get lower insurance prices.
- Protect your assets with liability insurance – Your policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you when a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
- Low deductibles can be expensive – Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive for X5 insurance.
- Poor driving leads to higher costs – Just one moving violation may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have flagrant citations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
- Your credit rating is important – Credit rating is a large factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with lower credit scores. If your credit can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your 2013 BMW X5 by improving your rating.
- Add-on coverages can add up – There are a lot of additional coverages that you can buy when buying insurance. Insurance for roadside assistance, towing coverage and term life insurance may be costing you every month. They may seem good initially, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Big city or small town – Choosing to live in less populated areas can be a good thing when talking about insurance. Drivers in populated areas regularly have much more traffic and longer commute times. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Tailor Your Coverage to You
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Is my BMW X5 covered if I use it for business?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Coverages Available on Your Policy
Learning about specific coverages of your policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find the usual coverages offered by car insurance companies.
Auto liability insurance
This will cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people in an accident. It protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see liability limits of 100/300/100 which stand for a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers things like loss of income, pain and suffering, legal defense fees and repair costs for stationary objects. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but buy higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, hail damage and theft. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical costs insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for bills such as rehabilitation expenses, funeral costs, surgery and pain medications. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers all vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things such as backing into a parked car, hitting a parking meter, colliding with a tree, scraping a guard rail and hitting a mailbox. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your 2013 BMW X5.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Save on BMW X5 Insurance Costs When Buying Online or Local
We just showed you a lot of techniques to get a better price on 2013 BMW X5 insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. Smaller companies often have lower prices on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Get affordable BMW X5 insurance costs today. Discount insurance is possible both online in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area