Cheapest 2013 Acura TSX Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 19, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
I can’t think of anyone who looks forward to buying insurance, in particular when the cost is too high. Drivers have multiple insurers to buy insurance from, and although it’s a good thing to have a selection, it makes it harder to find the best rates.
These discounts can lower your rates
Companies don’t always publicize every available discount very well, so here is a list both the well known and also the lesser-known insurance savings. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Acura could be rewarded with lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Own a Home – Owning a home can save you money because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
For a list of providers who offer insurance discounts, follow this link.
The method we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to understand most insurance companies allow for online access to provide you with a free rate quote. The one thing you need to do is give them rating details such as if you lease or own, your education level, whether or not you need a SR-22, and any included safety features. Your rating data is instantly provided to insurance companies and they return rate quotes quickly.
Different people need different coverages
When it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions may help highlight if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Insurance coverage considerations
Having a good grasp of your policy can help you determine the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are typical coverage types found on most insurance policies.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for expenses for rehabilitation expenses, nursing services, hospital visits and surgery. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your TSX resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things like hitting a parking meter, hitting a mailbox and backing into a parked car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see policy limits of 100/300/100 which means a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things like medical expenses, attorney fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, structural damage and court costs. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This provides protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your 2013 Acura TSX.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a bird, rock chips in glass and theft. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Be a smart shopper
Low-cost 2013 Acura TSX insurance is definitely available from both online companies and with local insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best selection. Some auto insurance companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
When buying insurance coverage, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
More detailed auto insurance information is located by following these links:
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area