Cheapest 2012 Volkswagen Passat Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 3, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for lower car insurance rates for your Volkswagen Passat? Are you a victim of overpriced car insurance? Trust us when we tell you many consumers feel financially strained by their car insurance policy. Popular companies such as State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive all claim big savings with ads and it can be hard to ignore the flashy ads and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Fast and Easy Auto Insurance Quotes
Finding a better price on auto insurance can be relatively painless. The only requirement is to spend a few minutes comparing rates online from several insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The fastest way to get quotes would be an industry-wide quote request form like this one (opens in new window). This method saves time by eliminating repetitive form entry for each company you want a rate for. A single form will return price quotes instantly.
Whichever way you use, compare the exact same coverages and limits for each price quote. If your comparisons have different limits and deductibles on each one it will be impossible to make a fair comparison for your Volkswagen Passat.
Cut your premium with these six discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both the well known and also the lesser-known ways to save on car insurance. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who attend school more than 100 miles from home and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on Passat insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Accident Waiver – A handful of insurance companies permit an accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially as compared to bad drivers.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply the whole policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
What is the best insurance coverage?
When buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions can aid in determining if you might need professional guidance.
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 2012 Volkswagen Passat?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
Parts of your auto insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of auto insurance can help you determine appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are the normal coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Collision coverages – This will pay to fix damage to your Passat caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things such as colliding with a tree, backing into a parked car and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Auto liability insurance – Liability insurance can cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see limits of 25/50/25 which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage protects against things like court costs, pain and suffering, emergency aid and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Medical costs insurance – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for immediate expenses like chiropractic care, nursing services and funeral costs. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – This covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like a broken windshield, vandalism, theft and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout your auto insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
UM/UIM Coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your 2012 Volkswagen Passat.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area