Cheapest 2015 Volkswagen Passat Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 3, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper insurance coverage rates for your Volkswagen Passat? I can’t think of anyone who likes paying for insurance coverage, particularly when the cost is way too high. There are many insurers to insure vehicles with, and although it’s a good thing to be able to choose, so many choices can make it hard to adequately compare rates.
This information will teach you how to effectively get price quotes and some tricks to saving. If you currently have car insurance, you will be able to lower your premiums substantially using these methods. Drivers just need to know the proper way to compare rates over the internet.
Comprehensive Auto Insurance Comparison
Lowering your 2015 Volkswagen Passat auto insurance rates is a fairly straight forward process. Drivers just need to take a few minutes to compare rate quotes online from several insurance companies. This can be accomplished in several different ways.
- The best way to get quotes for comparison is an all-inclusive rate comparison click to view form in new window. This easy form prevents you from having to do repetitive form entry for each company. Filling out one form gets you coverage quotes instantly.
- A different way to find lower rates requires visiting the website for every company you want to comare to complete their respective quote request forms.
Which method you use is up to you, but make absolute certain that you use the exact same coverage limits and deductibles for each price quote. If the quotes have different liability limits you will not be able to make an equal comparison.
Discounts can save BIG
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there are discounts available that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but a few need to be asked about before they will apply. If you don’t get every credit available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who live away from home and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with lower rates if you buy life insurance.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply the whole policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce the cost of coverage.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts include:
- Farmers Insurance
- Farm Bureau
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
Before buying, ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Discounts might not apply in every state.
Your Volkswagen Passat insurance rate is a complex equation
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that come into play when calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that could result in lower auto insurance prices.
The list below includes some of the factors companies use to determine premiums.
- Your job and insurance rates – Jobs such as doctors, social workers and stock brokers tend to have the highest rates in part from job stress and lengthy work days. On the other hand, professions such as actors, students and retirees receive lower rates for Passat insurance.
- Save money with special equipment – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder auto theft.
- How many coverages with the same company – Many insurance companies give discounts to customers who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s still a good idea to compare rates to ensure the best deal.
- Your location affects your rates – Choosing to live in a small town has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. Drivers in populated areas have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Lower population means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are quite a few additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your Passat policy. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, accidental death and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea at first, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
- Males pay more for insurance – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Both sexes cause accidents at a similar rate, but men cause more damage. Men also get more serious tickets such as reckless driving. Young males tend to get in the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to buying the best auto insurance coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find the usual coverages found on most insurance policies.
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage can cover damage that occurs to other people or property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against things like medical expenses, pain and suffering, loss of income, legal defense fees and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Collision coverage covers damage to your Passat caused by collision with an object or car. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims such as damaging your car on a curb, colliding with a tree, crashing into a building, hitting a parking meter and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Volkswagen Passat.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a deer and falling objects. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses such as rehabilitation expenses, hospital visits, chiropractic care, EMT expenses and dental work. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers you and your occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Smart consumers save more
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford.
Cheap 2015 Volkswagen Passat insurance can be sourced online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Additional detailed information can be read in these articles:
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area