Save on 2012 Volkswagen GTI Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 15, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you a victim of an overpriced insurance policy? Believe me when I say you’re not alone.
Lots of insurance companies contend for your business, and because of this it can be hard to compare auto insurance companies to get the lowest cost out there.
If you currently have car insurance, you will be able to lower your premiums substantially using these methods. Buying car insurance is not that difficult. Nevertheless, car owners must comprehend the methods companies use to sell online and use this information to your advantage.
How to Compare Auto Insurance Quotes
There are a variety of methods to compare 2012 Volkswagen GTI auto insurance quotes, and some are easier and takes less work. You can waste a few hours (or days) discussing policy coverages with agents in your area, or you can utilize the web to get pricing more quickly.
Many insurance companies participate in an industry program where prospective buyers send in one quote, and each participating company then returns a price quote for coverage. This system prevents you from having to do form submissions for each company.
To access this free quoting program, click here (opens in new window).
The only drawback to using this type of system is that consumers can’t choose which carriers to get pricing from. If you wish to select specific insurance companies to compare prices, we have assembled a list of low cost auto insurance companies in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
Whichever method you choose, compare the exact same coverages for each comparison quote. If you have unequal deductibles or liability limits it’s impossible to find the best deal for your Volkswagen GTI. Slightly different coverages may result in a large different in cost. It’s important to know that comparing more company’s prices will improve the odds of getting a lower rate.
Take discounts and save
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help offset the cost. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but a few need to be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who live away from home without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Memberships – Affiliation with certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on insurance coverage on GTI coverage.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify you for a discount on GTI coverage with a few insurance coverage companies.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will bring down your premiums.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer these discounts include:
- American Family
- State Farm
- 21st Century
Check with all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not apply in your state.
Volkswagen GTI premiums are determined by many factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The list below includes some of the items used by your company to calculate premiums.
- More people means more accidents – Living in small towns and rural areas can be a good thing when talking about auto insurance. Lower population translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. Urban drivers have much more traffic to deal with and a longer drive to work. More time commuting can result in more accidents.
- Women pay lower rates – Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that men are worse drivers. They both tend to get into accidents in similar percentages, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
- Better credit means lower rates – Your credit rating is a big factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. People with high credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers with poor credit. Therefore, if your credit history can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your 2012 Volkswagen GTI by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Add-on coverages can add up – There are quite a few add-on coverages that can waste your money on your GTI policy. Insurance for personal injury protection, accident forgiveness and term life insurance may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good at first, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- More miles equals more premium – The more miles you rack up on your Volkswagen in a year the higher your rate. The majority of insurers apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos that are left in the garage receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. Verify your auto insurance policy shows how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money. If your policy improperly rates your GTI may be wasting your money.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When buying proper insurance coverage, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions may help you determine if your situation may require specific advice.
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Misconceptions in insurance coverage advertisements
Companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive regularly use ads on television and other media. All the ads make the same claim that you can save if you move to their company. How does each company make the same claim?
All companies are able to cherry pick for the type of customer they prefer to insure. For instance, a driver they prefer might be between 25 and 40, has no driving citations, and has a short commute. A driver who fits that profile gets the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to save when switching.
Potential insureds who fall outside these standards must pay more money and ends up with the customer not buying. The ad wording is “customers that switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much money. That’s why companies can advertise the savings.
This illustrates why it’s extremely important to get as many comparisons as possible. It’s not possible to predict which insurance coverage company will give you the biggest savings on Volkswagen GTI insurance.
Specific coverages for a 2012 Volkswagen GTI
Knowing the specifics of your policy aids in choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are typical coverages available from insurance companies.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for nursing services, funeral costs, surgery and pain medications. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive auto coverage
This covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like hitting a deer, vandalism, theft, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and rock chips in glass. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This coverage covers damage to your GTI resulting from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things such as hitting a parking meter, colliding with another moving vehicle and damaging your car on a curb. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Liability insurance can cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property that is your fault. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Some companies may use a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers claims like loss of income, emergency aid and structural damage. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Get your money’s worth
You just learned some good ideas how to reduce 2012 Volkswagen GTI insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the smaller companies. Regional companies often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional detailed information is available in these articles:
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area