Cheapest 2012 Nissan 370Z Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for the cheapest insurance for a Nissan 370Z could be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our car insurance buying tips to make it easier.
There are more efficient ways to buy car insurance so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to price shop coverage for your Nissan and get the best price possible from both online companies and local agents.
Consumers should take time to do rate comparisons at least once a year because prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you think you had the best rates for 370Z insurance a year ago there may be better deals available now. So forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re going to learn one of the best ways to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Pricing the best auto insurance coverage is simple if you know the tricks. If you are insured now or are shopping for new coverage, you can use these techniques to reduce the price you pay and possibly find even better coverage. Consumers only need to know the most effective way to buy auto insurance online.
Take advantage of discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Most are applied at quote time, but less common discounts must be specially asked for in order for you to get them. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less for 370Z insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers may qualify for a discount up to 10% for 370Z insurance.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner can save you money because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for all your vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member can result in better rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way. But any discount will reduce the cost of coverage.
To see a list of providers with the best auto insurance discounts, click here to view.
Comprehensive Insurance Coverage Comparison Quotes
Effectively comparing insurance coverage prices can be a lot of work if you don’t utilize the fastest way to get free quotes. You can waste a few hours (or days) driving to insurance agencies in your area, or you could save time and use online quotes to get prices fast.
Most major companies belong to a marketplace where prospective buyers submit their information once, and every company then gives them pricing based on that data. This eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions to each company.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now click here (opens in new window).
The only downside to doing it this way is that you can’t choose the providers you will receive quotes from. So if you prefer to pick specific providers to request quotes from, we have a listing of companies who write insurance coverage in your area. View list of insurance companies.
Whichever way you use, double check that you are using the exact same coverage limits with every price quote. If each company quotes unequal deductibles or liability limits you will not be able to find the best deal for your Nissan 370Z.
How to know if you need help
When choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if you will benefit from professional help.
- Who is covered when they drive my 2012 Nissan 370Z?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Is my 2012 Nissan 370Z covered for flood damage?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Is my Nissan 370Z covered if I use it for business?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in my state?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Coverages available on your auto insurance policy
Having a good grasp of a auto insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things like a broken windshield, falling objects, hail damage and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Usually the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Collision – This pays for damage to your 370Z from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things such as damaging your car on a curb, backing into a parked car, colliding with a tree and sustaining damage from a pot hole. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for bills for dental work, rehabilitation expenses and funeral costs. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Coverage for liability – Liability coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers claims such as court costs, funeral expenses and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Make an honest buck
Drivers who switch companies do it for many reasons like poor customer service, unfair underwriting practices, being labeled a high risk driver and even policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider is actually quite simple.
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to shop for 2012 Nissan 370Z insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with the smaller companies.
When you buy insurance online, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional detailed information is located in these articles:
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area