2012 Land Rover LR2 Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 9, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Nobody I know looks forward to paying for car insurance, especially when the cost is too high.
Numerous insurers battle to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance companies to get the best rates possible.
You should take the time to shop coverage around at least once a year because prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the lowest rates on LR2 insurance two years ago you may be paying too much now. Starting now, ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the fastest way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
How to Get Car Insurance Comparison Quotes
To find the best car insurance prices, there are several ways of comparing price quotes from car insurance companies in your area. The simplest method to find the cheapest 2012 Land Rover LR2 insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates. It is quite easy and can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- The single most time-saving way to get the best comparison quotes would be an industry-wide quote request form like this one (opens in new window). This form prevents you from having to do separate forms to each individual car insurance company. One form compares rates from all major companies.
- A more difficult way to compare rate quotes is spending the time to visit each company website and complete a new quote form.
- The least recommended way to get comparison rates is driving around to and from local insurance agencies. Shopping for car insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you want the professional guidance that only a license agent can provide. Drivers can obtain prices from the web but still have the advice of a local agent.
Which method you use is up to you, but make absolute certain that you use exactly the same coverage information for every quote you compare. If your comparisons have different values for each quote it’s not possible to determine which rate is truly the best. Quoting even small variations in insurance coverages could mean much higher rates. It’s important to know that quoting more helps locate the best offered rates.
These discounts can lower your rates
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there are discounts available that can drop the cost substantially. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of quoting, but a few need to be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids living away from home attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags can get savings of 20% or more.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner may trigger a insurance coverage policy discount because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars or trucks with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount will cut your overall premium however.
Insurance companies that may have these discounts include:
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
Double check with each company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts may not apply in every state.
Different people need different coverages
When buying the best auto insurance coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether you might need professional guidance.
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Should I rate my 2012 Land Rover LR2 as pleasure use or commute?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
Car insurance coverages 101
Learning about specific coverages of car insurance can be of help when determining the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are the usual coverages available from car insurance companies.
Coverage for medical expenses
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for short-term medical expenses like surgery, dental work, doctor visits and pain medications. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive car insurance
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like hitting a deer, damage from a tornado or hurricane and hail damage. The most a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This protects you from damage that occurs to other’s property or people in an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against things like medical services, bail bonds and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but buy higher limits if possible.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Land Rover LR2.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance pays for damage to your LR2 resulting from a collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things like hitting a mailbox, crashing into a building, backing into a parked car, damaging your car on a curb and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area