Cheapest 2012 Kia Soul Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Overwhelmed by the number of insurance coverage company choices? Lot’s of other consumers are too. Consumers have so many choices that it can be a real challenge to locate the lowest price.
Cheap Auto Insurance Comparisons
There are a variety of methods to shop for 2012 Kia Soul auto insurance, but some are less time-consuming than others. You can waste a lot of time talking to agents in your area, or you could use the internet to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
Most major companies enroll in a system that allows shoppers to send in one quote, and each participating company returns a rated price. This eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions to every company.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now click to open in new window.
The one disadvantage to pricing coverage this way is you can’t choose which companies you will receive quotes from. If you wish to select from a list of companies to compare rates, we have assembled a list of auto insurance companies in your area. Click here to view list.
However you get your quotes, ensure you are comparing identical coverage information for each comparison quote. If your comparisons have mixed coverages it’s impossible to decipher which rate is best. Having just a slight variation in limits could mean much higher rates. Just remember that getting more free quotes will enable you to find the best price.
Save big with these discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both well-publicized and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization could qualify you for a break when buying insurance on Soul coverage.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% on Soul coverage with certain companies.
- Good Student – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on Soul coverage than drivers with accidents.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Kia can qualify you for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive a discount up to 10% on Soul coverage.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply the whole policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask each company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not be available in your state.
But I don’t know anything about car insurance
When buying the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if you could use an agent’s help.
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Auto insurance policy coverages for a 2012 Kia Soul
Knowing the specifics of auto insurance helps when choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage covers damage to your Soul from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as scraping a guard rail, sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a building and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Coverage for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for expenses for pain medications, surgery and rehabilitation expenses. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your 2012 Kia Soul.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Liability car insurance
This coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show values of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as bail bonds, funeral expenses and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, fire damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and hitting a bird. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area