Cheapest 2012 Jeep Patriot Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Sick and tired of scraping the payment together to insure your Jeep every month? Your situation is no different than millions of other consumers.
Online insurance companies like GEICO and Progressive all promote huge savings with ads and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the propoganda and take the time to shop coverage around.
Smart consumers take time to shop coverage around once or twice a year because rates tend to go up over time. Just because you had the best deal on Patriot insurance last year you can probably find a lower rate today. You can find a lot of wrong information about car insurance on the internet, so by reading this article, you’re going to learn some solid techniques on how to put money back in your pocket.
If you have car insurance now, you should be able to save some money using these techniques. Buying car insurance is not that difficult. But drivers need to learn how big insurance companies sell online and use this information to your advantage.
Jeep Patriot insurance rates have many determining factors
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that help determine the rates you pay for insurance coverage. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates enables informed choices that can help you get lower insurance coverage prices.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – Driving more miles in a year the higher your rate. The majority of insurers price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Cars not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. Ask your agent if your insurance coverage coverage shows the proper vehicle usage. If your policy improperly rates your Patriot can cost quite a bit.
- Better credit means lower rates – Having a bad credit rating is a huge factor in determining what you pay for insurance coverage. People with excellent credit tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings. So if your credit can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your 2012 Jeep Patriot by repairing your credit.
- Equipment add-ons that lower insurance coverage rates – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
- Lower rates come with age – Teen drivers are known to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle so insurance coverage rates are higher. Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets.
- You might want pay the small claims yourself – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect higher rates. Companies generally give cheaper rates to insureds who file claims infrequently. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. Safer cars protect occupants better and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Jeep Patriot is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it is probably cheaper to insure.
Lots of discounts mean lots of savings
Car insurance can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts to cut the cost considerably. A few discounts will automatically apply when you purchase, but less common discounts must be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new car is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- One Accident Forgiven – A handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a discount up to 10% on Patriot insurance.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less on Patriot insurance than less cautious drivers.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will bring down the cost of coverage.
For a list of providers offering car insurance discounts, click this link.
Situations that might require an agent
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions might point out if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Should I buy only the required minimum liability coverage?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
The coverage is in the details
Having a good grasp of auto insurance helps when choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are typical coverage types offered by auto insurance companies.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Jeep Patriot.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Medical expense insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for immediate expenses for things like prosthetic devices, funeral costs, EMT expenses and ambulance fees. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
This coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to people or other property in an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 50/100/50 that means you have a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for claims like medical services, bail bonds, attorney fees, emergency aid and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but buy higher limits if possible.
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Patriot from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims such as colliding with a tree, sustaining damage from a pot hole, damaging your car on a curb and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, theft, damage from flooding, damage from getting keyed and vandalism. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Power to the consumer
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Discount 2012 Jeep Patriot insurance can be bought online and with local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies do not offer online quoting and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
More information is available below:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area