Cheaper 2010 Subaru Legacy Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 6, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for cheaper insurance coverage rates for your Subaru Legacy? I can’t think of anyone who looks forward to paying for insurance coverage, particularly when they are paying too much.
You have multiple car insurance companies to pick from, and even though it’s nice to be able to choose, it can be more challenging to compare rates and find the lowest cost insurance coverage.
Cheap Auto Insurance Comparisons
The are a couple different ways to get quotes from different insurance companies. One of the best ways to find the cheapest 2010 Subaru Legacy insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates. This can be done in several different ways.
- The most efficient way to find the lowest comparison rates would be an industry-wide quote request form (click to open form in new window). This easy form prevents you from having to do separate forms for each company. One simple form gets you coverage quotes instantly.
- A slightly less efficient method to compare prices is to manually visit the website for every company you want to comare to request a price quote. For instance, let’s assume you want to compare Farmers, Allstate and Progressive. You would have to go to every website to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is more popular.For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
- The least recommended method of getting rate comparisons is to spend time driving to different agent offices. The ability to buy insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you prefer the personal advice that only a license agent can provide. Drivers can get the lowest quotes online but still have the advice of a local agent. We’ll cover that shortly.
Whichever way you use, make absolute certain that you use the exact same quote information for each price quote. If you are comparing different values for each quote it’s impossible to truly determine the lowest rate. Quoting even small variations in insurance coverages can mean a large discrepancy in price. It’s important to know that obtaining a wide range of quotes will enable you to find a better price.
These discounts can lower your rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list all available discounts very well, so the following is a list of some of the more common and also the lesser-known ways to save on insurance.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Paperless Signup – Some insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing digitally online.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner can save you money because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with a substantially lower rate.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government may qualify you for a discount for Legacy coverage with a few insurance companies.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies give discounts for switching to them before your current policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Driver Safety – Completing a defensive driving course could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
For a list of providers with the best insurance discounts, click this link.
Subaru Legacy insurance rates have many determining factors
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that help determine the rates you pay for car insurance. Understanding what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are a few of the “ingredients” that factor into prices.
- Traffic citations inflate rates – A bad driving record has a big impact on rates. Even one ticket may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates than their less careful counterparts. If you have dangerous violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Jobs such as real estate brokers, social workers and stock brokers are shown to have the highest rates in part from job stress and long work days. On the other hand, professions such as actors, students and performers pay the least for Legacy coverage.
- Lower deductibles cost more – Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your car from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are running into the backend of another car, vandalism, and rolling your vehicle. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive for Legacy coverage.
- One company can mean more discounts – Some insurers will give a discount to policyholders who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to compare rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Better credit means lower rates – Your credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. If your credit is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your 2010 Subaru Legacy by improving your credit score. Drivers with good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with poor credit.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse is a fast way to pay more for car insurance. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage may earn you a license revocation or jail time.You may have to file a SR-22 with your state department of motor vehicles.
- Battle of the sexes – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women cause accidents at about the same rate, but the men have costlier accidents. Men also statistically get cited for more serious violations such as reckless driving. Young males tend to get in the most accidents and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
- Where you live is a factor – Residing in less populated areas can save you money when talking about car insurance. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents. City drivers have traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. More time commuting means more change of being in an accident.
Different people need different coverages
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Does my 2010 Subaru Legacy qualify for pleasure use?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
The coverage is in the details
Understanding the coverages of your policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find the normal coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like hitting a deer, hitting a bird, theft and vandalism. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Legacy caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims such as scraping a guard rail, sustaining damage from a pot hole, backing into a parked car, colliding with a tree and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Subaru Legacy.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for short-term medical expenses for surgery, ambulance fees, pain medications and doctor visits. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show limits of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability can pay for things such as medical expenses, pain and suffering, structural damage and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Be a money saver!
Lower-priced 2010 Subaru Legacy insurance can be found online as well as from independent agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some auto insurance companies don’t offer online quoting and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Additional information can be found below:
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area