Cheapest 2010 Mazda MX-5 Miata Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 23, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find low-cost insurance for your Mazda MX-5 Miata could be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to find lower rates. There are more efficient ways to find car insurance online and you need to know the quickest way to compare rates for a new or used Mazda and find the best price possible from both online companies and local agents.
Consumers should take time to do rate comparisons occasionally because insurance rates change regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price on MX-5 Miata insurance a year ago you will most likely find a better rate today. There is a lot of bad advice regarding car insurance online but with this article, you’re going to get the easiest ways to find cheap car insurance.
Policy discounts you shouldn’t miss
Auto insurance companies don’t always list every available discount very well, so here is a list both the well known and the harder-to-find insurance coverage savings. If you don’t get every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new car can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Mazda could be rewarded with lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Early Signing – Select companies give a discount for switching to them prior to your current policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger companies have lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a defensive driving course could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free insurance coverage policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To see a list of insurers with the best insurance coverage discounts, click this link.
Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance rates are influenced by…
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that go into determining the price you pay for car insurance. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that can help you get big savings.
- Sex matters – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women cause accidents at about the same rate, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. They also receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Equipment add-ons that lower car insurance rates – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft prevention devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- High numbers of claims are not good – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to higher rates. Insurance companies give cheaper rates to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is intended for larger claims.
- Marriage brings a discount – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money on your policy. Having a spouse means you’re more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Don’t get talked into coverage you don’t need – There are a lot of extra bells and whistles that can waste your money when buying car insurance. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness and membership fees are examples of these. They may seem good at first, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
- High credit ratings translate to low rates – Your credit rating is a large factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with lower credit scores. If your credit score can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your 2010 Mazda MX-5 Miata by repairing your credit.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in my state?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Drivers who switch save $392 a year? Really?
Consumers constantly see and hear ads for the lowest price auto insurance from the likes of Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. They all make an identical promise of big savings if you switch your coverage to them.
But how can every company claim to save you money?
All the different companies have a certain “appetite” for the right customer that earns them a profit. An example of a preferred risk might be over the age of 50, has no prior claims, and drives newer vehicles. A driver who matches those parameters will get the preferred rates and as a result will probably save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential insureds who don’t measure up to the requirements will be charged a more expensive rate and this can result in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads say “drivers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that kind of money. That’s why insurance companies can claim big savings. That is why you should get quotes from several different companies. It’s not possible to predict the company that will provide you with the cheapest Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance rates.
Insurance coverages explained
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage covers damage to your MX-5 Miata resulting from a collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things such as hitting a mailbox, scraping a guard rail, colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a ditch and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
This will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like falling objects, hitting a deer, hail damage, vandalism and damage from flooding. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills for X-ray expenses, doctor visits and ambulance fees. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your 2010 Mazda MX-5 Miata.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
This coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see values of 100/300/100 which stand for a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims such as attorney fees, pain and suffering, legal defense fees and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but buy higher limits if possible.
Never pay more for less
Cheap 2010 Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance is available from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance coverage companies do not provide online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to save on insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may be surprised to find that the best price on insurance coverage is with a small local company.
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area