Cheapest 2010 Dodge Caliber Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 19, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Feel like you’re a prisoner to an underperforming, overpriced insurance policy? Trust us, you’re not alone.
Drivers have multiple insurers to pick from, and although it’s nice to have multiple companies, so many choices can make it hard to find the lowest cost provider.
How much can you save with discounts?
Auto insurance companies do not advertise all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both well-publicized and also the lesser-known auto insurance savings.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Accident Forgiveness – Some insurance companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a course in driver safety can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for auto insurance on Caliber insurance.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
To see a list of companies offering auto insurance discounts, click here.
Insurance Coverage Comparison Rates
All major insurance coverage companies quote price estimates directly from their websites. Getting online rates is fairly straightforward as you simply enter the amount of coverage you want into the quote form. After you submit the form the company’s rating system will order credit information and your driving record and returns a price based on many factors. This makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the work required to visit many different websites and type in the same information can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. But it’s very important to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for better insurance coverage pricing.
A more efficient way to get multiple rate quotes makes use of a single form that analyzes rates from a lot of companies. The form is fast, eliminates repetitive work, and makes rate comparisons a lot less work. After your information is entered, it gets priced and you are able to buy any one of the quote results. If a lower price is quoted, it’s easy to complete the application and purchase coverage. It takes just a few minutes to complete and may save quite a bit of money.
To quickly find out how much you can save on insurance coverage, simply click here to open in new window and enter your information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you duplicate the coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. Using the same limits helps guarantee you are getting a price comparison based on identical coverages.
Factors that can influence Dodge Caliber insurance rates
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that play a part in calculating insurance coverage rates. Knowing what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with lower insurance coverage prices.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces that factor into rates.
- Don’t skimp on liability – Liability insurance is the protection in the event that you are found liable for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide legal defense coverage starting from day one. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Being located in a rural area is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. Drivers in populated areas regularly have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Fewer people means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Men are more aggressive – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men tend to get into accidents in similar numbers, but the males cause more damage. They also have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI. Young males tend to get in the most accidents and therefore have the most expensive insurance coverage rates.
- Being married can save on insurance coverage – Being married can get you a discount on your policy. Having a significant other means you’re more responsible and it’s statistically proven that married couples file fewer claims.
How much car insurance do I need?
When it comes to buying coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Do you really save 40% when you switch?
Car insurance companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm continually stream ads in print and on television. They all seem to make the same claim of big savings after switching your policy. But how can every company claim to save you money? This is how they do it.
All the different companies have a certain “appetite” for the right customer that is profitable for them. For example, a driver they prefer might be profiled as over the age of 50, has no tickets, and has a high credit rating. Any driver who meets those qualifications will get the preferred rates and as a result will probably save a lot of money.
Potential insureds who fall outside these standards will have to pay higher premiums which leads to business not being written. The ads state “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. That’s why companies can claim big savings. Because of the profiling, it’s extremely important to quote coverage with many companies. It’s impossible to know the company that will give you the biggest savings on Dodge Caliber insurance.
Car insurance coverages for a 2010 Dodge Caliber
Having a good grasp of auto insurance aids in choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are typical coverage types found on the average auto insurance policy.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses such as X-ray expenses, prosthetic devices, ambulance fees, nursing services and pain medications. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This provides protection from damage that occurs to a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for things like medical expenses, medical services and emergency aid. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
This coverage covers damage to your Caliber resulting from a collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things like sideswiping another vehicle, damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a building, driving through your garage door and hitting a parking meter. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like damage from flooding, damage from getting keyed and theft. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Dodge Caliber.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Be a penny pincher
Cost effective 2010 Dodge Caliber insurance is attainable both online as well as from independent agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some auto insurance companies don’t offer online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to lower your insurance rates. The key concept to understand is the more you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. They may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Additional auto insurance information can be read on the following sites:
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area