Cheapest 2009 Volkswagen Eos Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Comparison shopping for car insurance is challenging for consumers new to comparison shopping online. Consumers have so many choices that it can quickly become a challenge to locate the lowest price.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your premiums substantially using this information. The purpose of this post is to introduce you to the best way to quote coverages and some money-saving tips. Nevertheless, consumers can benefit by having an understanding of how the larger insurance companies determine prices.
Auto Insurance Comparisons
When shopping for auto insurance there are multiple ways to compare rate quotes and find the best price. The recommended way to compare 2009 Volkswagen Eos insurance prices is to use the internet to compare rates. This can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The easiest and least time consuming way to find the lowest comparison rates is to use a rate comparison form like this one (opens in new window). This type of form keeps you from doing boring form submissions for every auto insurance company. One form submission will return price quotes instantly. It’s the fastest way to compare.
- A less efficient way to obtain and compare quotes online is to take the time to go to the website for every company you want to comare to request a price quote. For example, let’s say you want comparison quotes from Nationwide, Esurance and Allstate. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company’s site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is quicker. For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but make sure you use apples-to-apples coverages and limits for every quote you compare. If the quotes have different values for each quote it will be impossible to determine the best price for your Volkswagen Eos. Slightly different coverage limits may result in a large different in cost. Keep in mind that comparing a large number of companies helps you find the best price.
Companies offer discounts so take them!
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you can get discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be asked about before they will apply.
- Anti-theft System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on Eos insurance than drivers with accident claims.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government may qualify you for a discount on Eos insurance with select insurance companies.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Accident Forgiveness – A handful of insurance companies permit an accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies with one company you may earn up to 20% off your total premium.
- Own a Home – Owning a home can help you save on car insurance because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will bring down your overall premium however.
For a list of providers with the best car insurance discounts, click this link.
Factors influencing Volkswagen Eos insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that play a part in calculating the price you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in better insurance rates.
Shown below are some of the factors used by your company to calculate premiums.
- Your location affects your rates – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect when it comes to insurance. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. More time on the road means more change of being in an accident.
- Pleasure use saves money – The higher the mileage driven each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Vehicles that are left in the garage can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Verify your insurance declarations sheet is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money. Incorrect usage on your Eos can result in significantly higher rates.
- What are your deductibles? – Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your Volkswagen. Some instances where coverage would apply could be colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be on Eos insurance.
- Occupation reflects on rates – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance? Occupations such as real estate brokers, executives and stock brokers are shown to have the highest rates because of high stress and long work hours. On the other hand, occupations like farmers, students and performers pay the least on Eos insurance.
- Traffic violations increase rates – Good drivers have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Only having one speeding ticket can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have dangerous citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When buying proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Should I rate my 2009 Volkswagen Eos as pleasure use or commute?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Insurance coverage ads bend the truth
Insurance coverage companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm continually stream ads on TV and radio. They all seem to make the same claim of big savings after switching to their company. How does each company make the same claim? It’s all in the numbers.
Different companies are able to cherry pick for the right customer that earns them a profit. For instance, a profitable customer could possibly be between the ages of 40 and 55, owns a home, and has excellent credit. A customer getting a price quote who meets those qualifications gets the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential customers who are not a match for this ideal profile must pay a higher premium which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads state “customers that switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much money. This is how companies can advertise the way they do.
This illustrates why you need to quote coverage with many companies. It’s not possible to predict which insurance coverage company will give you the biggest savings on Volkswagen Eos insurance.
Car insurance coverage information
Having a good grasp of your car insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Liability insurance provides protection from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against claims like pain and suffering, attorney fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like hail damage, falling objects, hitting a deer and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum payout your car insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Insurance for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for expenses for things like EMT expenses, dental work, funeral costs and ambulance fees. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision insurance covers damage to your Eos resulting from a collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things like sustaining damage from a pot hole, backing into a parked car and driving through your garage door. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This provides protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Frequently these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Best coverage at the best price
The cheapest 2009 Volkswagen Eos insurance can be purchased on the web in addition to many insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some companies do not provide online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, drivers have reduced collision coverage only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy cancellation and high prices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is easier than you think.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles:
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area