Cheapest 2009 Subaru Legacy Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 20, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want cheaper insurance coverage rates for your Subaru Legacy? Nobody I know cherishes buying insurance coverage, especially knowing their premiums are through the roof. With so many choices, it can be diffult for consumers to find the right insurer.
Buying car insurance is not that difficult. If you have insurance now or are looking for a new policy, you can learn to reduce the price you pay while maintaining coverages. Drivers just need to learn the most efficient way to find the lowest price online.
How to Compare Auto Insurance Costs
Finding a lower price on 2009 Subaru Legacy insurance can be relatively painless. You just have to take a few minutes comparing price quotes provided by online insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in several different ways.
- The best way to find low rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison (click to open form in new window). This method prevents you from having to do separate quotation requests for each company. Completing one form will return quotes direct from many companies.
- A more difficult way to obtain and compare quotes online consists of visiting the website of each company and request a quote. For sake of this example, we’ll assume you want comparison quotes from USAA, Progressive and Liberty Mutual. To get rate quotes you would need to visit each site to enter your coverage information, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just ensure you’re using identical deductibles and coverage limits with each company. If you are comparing different limits and deductibles on each one you will not be able to decipher which rate is best.
Be sure to get all your discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of some of the more common and also the lesser-known auto insurance savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of a qualifying organization could trigger savings on your policy for Legacy insurance.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more for Legacy insurance than drivers with accidents.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house can help you save on auto insurance because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% for Legacy insurance depending on your company.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
For a list of insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates, click here to view.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When choosing the best insurance coverage coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions can help discover if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Should I buy full coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Insurance coverage breakdown
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are the normal coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – This gives you protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your 2009 Subaru Legacy.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Medical expense coverage – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for bills for things like pain medications, X-ray expenses and EMT expenses. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Collision – This pays for damage to your Legacy resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with another moving vehicle, backing into a parked car, hitting a mailbox and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Liability insurance – Liability insurance protects you from damage that occurs to other people or property. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability coverage protects against things like funeral expenses, attorney fees, bail bonds, court costs and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive protection – This coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as hitting a deer, rock chips in glass and falling objects. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area