Cheapest 2009 Nissan Altima Hybrid Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Have you fallen victim to an overpriced car insurance policy? Believe me, you’re not alone.
Because you have many options when it comes to car insurance, it is very difficult to pick the most affordable insurance company.
Save big with these discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of both the well known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on the same insurance coverage policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with one company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Drivers Education – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- One Accident Forgiven – Some insurance companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Paperwork-free – Certain companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a driver safety course could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Memberships – Being a member of certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on insurance coverage on Altima Hybrid insurance.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply the whole policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
For a list of providers who offer insurance coverage discounts, click here to view.
Car Insurance Prices Online
The are a couple different ways to get quotes and find the best price. The quickest method to find the cheapest 2009 Nissan Altima Hybrid insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online. This can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- The first (and easiest) way to find the lowest comparison rates is a comparison rater form click to view form in new window. This easy form eliminates the need for boring form submissions for each company you want a rate for. One simple form gets you coverage quotes from several companies.
- A harder way to compare rate quotes is going to each individual company website and request a quote. For examples sake, let’s say you want rates from USAA, Allstate and Farmers. To find out each rate you need to go to every website to input your insurance information, which is why most consumers use the first method.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
- The hardest method to get comparison rates is driving around to different agent offices. The ability to buy insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you prefer the trained guidance of a licensed agent. It is possible to price shop online and get advice from an agent in your area and you’ll learn how to do that later.
However you get your quotes, make absolute certain that you use the exact same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote. If your comparisons have different deductibles it’s impossible to make a fair comparison for your Nissan Altima Hybrid. Slightly different coverages could mean much higher rates. And when price shopping your coverage, obtaining a wide range of quotes helps you find the best price.
But I don’t know anything about car insurance
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions can aid in determining if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Insurance coverage considerations
Knowing the specifics of insurance can help you determine the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are typical coverages available from insurance companies.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like falling objects, fire damage, a broken windshield and hitting a bird. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Insurance for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses such as X-ray expenses, EMT expenses, ambulance fees and chiropractic care. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims like damaging your car on a curb, scraping a guard rail, sideswiping another vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Nissan Altima Hybrid.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Liability coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to people or other property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like medical services, loss of income and emergency aid. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
More effort can pay off
You just learned a lot of techniques to get a better price on 2009 Nissan Altima Hybrid insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest premiums are with a smaller regional carrier. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Cheaper insurance is possible both online in addition to many insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies do not provide online price quotes and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area