Cheapest 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 11, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for better auto insurance rates for your Mitsubishi Lancer? Searching for affordable auto insurance over the internet can seem to be impossible for consumers new to comparison shopping online. With a ridiculous number of online companies available, how can anyone even start to compare every one to find the lowest price available?
How to Get Cheap Insurance Coverage
Most major insurance companies provide insurance quotes on their websites. The process is fairly simple as you simply enter the coverages you want as detailed in the form. After you complete the form, the system pulls credit information and your driving record and quotes a price.
This simplifies rate comparisons, but the work required to visit different websites and fill out multiple forms is not the best way to spend an afternoon. But it is imperative to get many rate quotes if you want to find the best price possible.
The easy way to compare rates
An easier way to lower your rates requires only one form that gets price quotes from more than one company. The form is fast, eliminates repetitive work, and makes rate comparisons much easier to do. As soon as the form is sent, your coverage is rated and you can select any of the quotes that you receive.
If you find a better price you can simply submit the application and purchase the new policy. It takes 15 minutes at the most and you will know how your current rates stack up.
To quickly compare rates using this form now, simply click here to open in new window and submit the form. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you copy the coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This guarantees you are getting rate quotes using the exact same coverages.
Mitsubishi Lancer insurance premiums are calculated by many factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to better auto insurance rates.
- Your location affects your rates – Being located in less populated areas is a positive aspect when buying auto insurance. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. Longer commute distances can result in more accidents.
- Extra add-on coverages are wasting money – There are a ton of extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your Lancer policy. Coverages for personal injury protection, accidental death and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
- Never go without insurance – Not having insurance can get your license suspended and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage have a gap. And not only will your rates increase, but not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with your state motor vehicle department.
- Safer occupants lowers premiums – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars protect occupants better and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Mitsubishi Lancer is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Where do you drive? – The higher the mileage driven every year the more you will pay for auto insurance. Most companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that are left in the garage get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. An improperly rated Lancer can cost quite a bit. Verify your auto insurance declarations sheet shows the correct usage for each vehicle.
Discounts are available to cut your rates
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there are discounts available that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be applied when you purchase, but a few need to be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization could qualify you for a break when shopping for car insurance for Lancer insurance.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers pay less when compared to bad drivers.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house can help you save on car insurance because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce the cost of coverage.
For a list of insurers who offer car insurance discounts, click here.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Everyone needs different coverages
When buying coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether you may require specific advice.
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Detailed coverages of your car insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of a car insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, sideswiping another vehicle and crashing into a building. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Auto liability – This protects you from damage that occurs to other’s property or people that is your fault. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 100/300/100 that means you have a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for things like repair costs for stationary objects, medical expenses and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
UM/UIM Coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Mitsubishi Lancer.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Usually the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Medical costs insurance – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for expenses for things like X-ray expenses, ambulance fees, dental work and prosthetic devices. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like hitting a bird, vandalism, theft and falling objects. The maximum payout your car insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
People leave their current company for a variety of reasons including high prices, poor customer service, delays in responding to claim requests or even high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is less work than it seems.
You just learned many ideas to save on 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer insurance. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Additional detailed information can be found by following these links:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area