Cheapest 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 2, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Tired of paying out the nose to buy car insurance? Your situation is no different than many other consumers. Lots of insurers contend for your hard-earned dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every insurer to discover the definitive lowest rate
You should make it a habit to compare prices every six months because insurance rates tend to go up over time. Just because you found the best deal on Escape Hybrid coverage six months ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. You can find a lot of wrong information about car insurance online but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some proven techniques to find cheap car insurance.
Companies offer discounts so take them!
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list every discount very well, so we took the time to find some of the best known and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Accident Waiver – A few companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Companies that may have these benefits may include but are not limited to:
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Discounts may not apply in your area.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. These are some specific questions can help discover if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- If my 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Is my 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid covered for smoke damage?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Car insurance coverage information
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find the usual coverages found on most insurance policies.
Medical costs insurance – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses such as X-ray expenses, ambulance fees, funeral costs, pain medications and surgery. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – Comprehensive insurance covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as fire damage, a broken windshield and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision – Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Escape Hybrid from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things like colliding with another moving vehicle, backing into a parked car and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage for liability – Liability insurance can cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims like funeral expenses, loss of income, medical expenses and attorney fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
UM/UIM Coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Ford Escape Hybrid.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Make a quick buck
Discount 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid insurance is attainable from both online companies and with local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get a quote online and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
When you buy insurance online, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Even more information can be read by following these links:
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Springs Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape? (CSInsure.com)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area