Cheapest 2008 Nissan Versa Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for better insurance coverage rates for your Nissan Versa? Finding better insurance prices for a Nissan Versa can be difficult, but you can learn the following methods and make it easy. There are more efficient ways to buy insurance coverage and we’ll show you the proper way to get price quotes on a Nissan and obtain the cheapest rates from both online companies and local agents.
Buying car insurance is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, you can learn to get lower rates and still get good coverage. Vehicle owners only need an understanding of the proper way to compare rates online.
Insurance Coverage Quote Comparison
Performing a rate comparison can take time and effort if you don’t understand the fastest way to get free quotes. You can waste a few hours (or days) talking to insurance companies in your area, or you can stay home and use online quoting to get prices fast.
Many companies participate in a marketplace that allows shoppers to only type in their quote data once, and at least one company returns a rated price. This saves time by eliminating quote requests to each individual insurance coverage company.
To use this form to compare 2008 Nissan Versa insurance rates click to open in new window.
The one downside to pricing coverage this way is buyers cannot specifically choose which providers you will receive quotes from. If you would rather choose specific insurance companies to compare rates, we have assembled a list of companies who write insurance coverage in your area. View list of insurance companies.
It’s up to you which method you use, but ensure you’re using exactly the same deductibles and coverage limits with every price quote. If you enter different limits and deductibles on each one then you won’t be able to truly determine the lowest rate.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Companies don’t list every available discount very well, so here is a list both the well known and the more hidden ways to save on insurance. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify you for a discount for Versa coverage depending on your company.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers pay much less when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Sign Online – A few companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy digitally online.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
Insurance companies who might offer some of the above discounts are:
- State Farm
- American Family
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
Check with each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings might not apply in every state.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same coverage
When buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if you may require specific advice.
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Should I rate my 2008 Nissan Versa as pleasure use or commute?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Learn about insurance coverages for a 2008 Nissan Versa
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision coverages – Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Versa resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things like rolling your car, colliding with a tree and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability insurance – This coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people in an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 100/300/100 that translate to a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as court costs, medical expenses and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Nissan Versa.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Comprehensive coverages – This pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as damage from getting keyed, hail damage, falling objects, damage from flooding and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for medical payments – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses such as pain medications, chiropractic care, ambulance fees, nursing services and doctor visits. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Stretch your dollar
When shopping online for car insurance, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, an insured dropped collision coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as poor customer service, unfair underwriting practices, questionable increases in premium or extreme rates for teen drivers. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new car insurance company can be less work than you think.
Affordable 2008 Nissan Versa insurance can be sourced on the web and with local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not offer online price quotes and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
Much more information about car insurance can be found on the following sites:
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area