Cheapest 2008 Nissan Quest Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 5, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Tired of being strong-armed to insure your Nissan every month? Your situation is no different than millions of other consumers. Many insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers to find the best rate
If you have a current insurance coverage policy or are just looking to switch companies, you can follow these tips to find better prices while maintaining coverages. Buying car insurance is not that difficult. Consumers just need to know the best way to buy insurance coverage online.
Low Cost Car Insurance
There are multiple methods to compare 2008 Nissan Quest car insurance quotes, but some are more efficient than others. You can spend your afternoon discussing policy coverages with insurance agencies in your area, or you can stay home and use the internet to quickly compare rates.
Many popular insurance companies participate in an industry program where prospective buyers only type in their quote data once, and every company provides a quote for coverage. This saves time by eliminating quote requests for each company you want a rate for.
To compare pricing click here (opens in new window).
One minor caviat to doing it this way is that consumers can’t choose the insurers you will receive quotes from. So if you want to select specific providers for rate comparison, we have assembled a list of companies who write car insurance in your area. Click to view list.
Which method you use is up to you, but double check that you are using apples-to-apples coverage limits and deductibles for each price quote. If you compare different liability limits then you won’t be able to make a fair comparison for your Nissan Quest.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Car insurance companies do not list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find some of the more common as well as the least known ways to save on auto insurance. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are throwing money away.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better rates.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some companies give a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off on Quest coverage depending on your company.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Sign Early and Save – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- Own a Home – Owning a home can help you save on auto insurance because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Sign Online – Certain companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing over the internet.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To see a list of insurers with discount auto insurance rates, click here to view.
When should I use an insurance agent?
When buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions may help you determine if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Nissan Quest insurance rates have many determining factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower auto insurance prices.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine prices.
- A clean driving record saves money – Just one moving violation can increase rates twenty percent or more. Good drivers have lower premiums than bad drivers. Drivers who have serious citations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – The more miles you rack up on your Nissan each year the more you will pay for auto insurance. Most insurance companies apply a rate based on how the vehicle is used. Cars that are left in the garage get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Improper usage on your Quest can result in significantly higher rates. Verify your auto insurance policy properly reflects how each vehicle is driven.
- More claims means more premium – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to higher rates. Auto insurance companies generally give lower rates to policyholders who are claim-free. Insurance coverage is intended for larger claims.
- Occupation reflects on rates – Careers like doctors, business owners and stock brokers tend to pay the highest rates in part from stressful work requirements and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, professions such as pilots, students and retirees have the lowest average rates on Quest coverage.
- Credit scores impact auto insurance rates – Your credit score is a large factor in your rate calculation. Consumers who have good credit tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with lower credit ratings. So if your credit is low, you could pay less to insure your 2008 Nissan Quest by improving your rating.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates. If your Nissan scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you are probably receiving a discount.
Coverages available on your policy
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are typical coverage types available from insurance companies.
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Quest caused by collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things like crashing into a building, hitting a parking meter and backing into a parked car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
This will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as damage from getting keyed, fire damage, rock chips in glass and hitting a deer. The most your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for immediate expenses for chiropractic care, doctor visits and pain medications. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property. It protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as legal defense fees, emergency aid and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Save for a rainy day
We’ve covered some good ideas how to compare 2008 Nissan Quest insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Cost effective insurance can be bought on the web and with local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not offer online quoting and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate.
Additional information is available on the following sites:
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area