Cheapest 2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 2, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Purchasing the lowest cost insurance online can seem to be intimidating for people who are new to comparing rates online. With dozens of insurance companies available, how can you effectively compare them all to find the lowest rates?
You should make it a habit to check insurance prices occasionally because prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you think you had the best deal on M-Class insurance two years ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Starting now, ignore everything you know about insurance because it’s time to teach you the right way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Finding affordable coverage is easy if you know what you’re doing. Just about everyone who is required by state law to have car insurance will be able to lower their premiums. But consumers can benefit from knowing how insurance companies price online insurance and use this information to your advantage.
Discounts on Mercedes-Benz M-Class insurance
Companies don’t list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find some of the best known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Sign Online – A few companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts up to 30%.
- Multiple Cars – Having all your vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
Insurance companies who might offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before buying, ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings may not apply in your state.
Automobile Insurance Quotes
The are a couple different ways to get quotes and find the best price. The best method to find the lowest 2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class rates is to use the internet to compare rates. This is very easy and can be done in a couple of different ways.
- The fastest way to get quotes for comparison is an all-inclusive rate comparison click here to open form in new window. This form prevents you from having to do separate quotation requests for each company you want a rate for. A single, simple form compares rates from several companies. This is perfect if you don’t have a lot of time.
- Another way to get comparison quotes consists of going to each company’s website to complete their respective quote request forms. For example, we’ll pretend you want rates from USAA, Farmers and American Family. To find out each rate you need to go to every website to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is quicker.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but compare the exact same coverages with each company. If you use different deductibles it’s impossible to truly determine the lowest rate. Quoting even small variations in coverages may result in a large different in cost. Keep in mind that having more price comparisons helps you find the best rates.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying the best car insurance coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions might point out whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Should I rate my 2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class as pleasure use or commute?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Information about specific coverages
Understanding the coverages of a auto insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Medical expense insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses for things like X-ray expenses, nursing services and doctor visits. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability insurance provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property in an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 100/300/100 which stand for a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as attorney fees, repair costs for stationary objects, pain and suffering, funeral expenses and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your 2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Coverage for collisions
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your M-Class resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like damaging your car on a curb, sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a mailbox and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as vandalism, damage from flooding and fire damage. The highest amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Shop. Compare. Save.
People leave their current company for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, extreme rates for teen drivers, not issuing a premium refund or even unfair underwriting practices. No matter why you want to switch, switching auto insurance companies is not as hard as you think.
The cheapest 2008 Mercedes-Benz M-Class insurance is definitely available online as well as from independent agents, so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis. Some auto insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
When shopping online for auto insurance, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford.
To read more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area