Cheapest 2008 Mazda 3 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jan 3, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Did budget coverage turn out to be an expensive insurance coverage policy? Don’t feel bad because many drivers have buyer’s remorse.
Big-name insurance companies like Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance continually bombard you with TV and radio ads and it can be hard to ignore the propoganda and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It’s a good habit to shop coverage around before your next renewal since prices change quite often. Even if you think you had the lowest rates on 3 coverage two years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance coverage because you’re going to learn the easiest way to save on insurance coverage.
The fastest way that we advise to compare car insurance company rates is to know the trick most larger insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to quote your coverage. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give them rating details like how your vehicles are used, if you require a SR-22, the type of vehicles you drive, and your credit rating estimate. That rating information is instantly submitted to many highly-rated insurers and they return rate quotes immediately.
To start a rate quote now, click here and find out if lower rates are available.
Discount car insurance rates
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there may be some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but occassionally some discounts must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Distant Student Discount – College-age children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates on 3 coverage.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Successfully completing a class that teaches driver safety techniques can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Club Memberships – Being in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings on car insurance.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates on 3 coverage than drivers with accident claims.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply the whole policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
Large car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm offers discounts including Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, safe vehicle, good student, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO may offer discounts for driver training, emergency military deployment, federal employee, defensive driver, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, safe driver, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include good student, bundle discounts, switch companies, distant student, electronic funds transfer, and homeowner.
- AAA offers discounts for good student, good driver, multi-policy, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, and anti-theft.
- USAA may have discounts that include safe driver, military installation, defensive driver, good student, and annual mileage.
It’s a good idea to ask each company or agent how you can save money. Discounts may not apply to policies in your area. To see providers who offer cheap car insurance quotes, click here.
Tailor your insurance coverage coverage to you
When choosing the best insurance coverage coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions can help discover if you could use an agent’s help.
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- What if I total my 2008 Mazda 3 and owe more than it’s worth?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance coverage companies in your area.
Car insurance 101
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are the normal coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with another car or object. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things like driving through your garage door, hitting a parking meter, colliding with a tree and sideswiping another vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Mazda 3.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see policy limits of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for things such as structural damage, repair costs for stationary objects, emergency aid, attorney fees and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for ambulance fees, chiropractic care, prosthetic devices and X-ray expenses. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like damage from a tornado or hurricane, rock chips in glass and damage from flooding. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area