Cheapest 2008 Honda Accord Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 23, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find lower auto insurance rates for your Honda Accord? Are you a victim of high-priced auto insurance? Trust us, many consumers feel financially strained by their auto insurance policy.
There are many auto insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it’s nice to have a choice, so many choices can make it hard to find a good deal.
It’s a great practice to shop coverage around on a regular basis because insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the best deal on Accord insurance a year ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Starting now, block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because I’m going to teach you the quickest way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
This article will teach you how to effectively get price quotes. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you should be able to lower your premiums substantially using these techniques. Nevertheless, consumers do need to know the way companies market insurance on the web.
Cheap Auto Insurance Comparisons
There are several ways to compare Honda Accord auto insurance prices and some are more efficient than others. You can spend countless hours talking about coverages with local insurance agents in your area, or you could save time and use the web to get prices fast.
Many of the larger companies participate in a marketplace that allows shoppers to send in one quote, and each company can provide price quotes for coverage. This system prevents you from having to do quote requests for each company.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now click to open in new window.
The only drawback to pricing coverage this way is you are unable to specify which providers to get quotes from. So if you prefer to pick specific providers to receive pricing from, we put together a list of companies who write auto insurance in your area. Click to view list.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just compare apples-to-apples coverage limits on every quote. If you compare higher or lower deductibles it will be impossible to determine the lowest rate for your Honda Accord. Just a small difference in coverages can make a big difference in price. And when quoting auto insurance, remember that quoting more will enable you to find the best price.
Discounts mean cheaper Honda Accord insurance rates
Car insurance is not cheap, buy you may qualify for discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger companies have lower rates if you buy life insurance.
- Anti-theft System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for better auto insurance rates on Accord insurance.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a home may trigger a auto insurance policy discount due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% on Accord insurance with select insurance companies.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles could qualify for better rates on cars that stay parked.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. But all discounts will reduce the cost of coverage.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer these discounts include:
- American Family
- The Hartford
Double check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not be available in your state.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions may help you determine whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2008 Honda Accord is totaled?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance coverage companies in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Honda Accord rate determination is complex
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that help determine the rates you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in better insurance rates.
The following are some of the items used by your company to calculate premiums.
- Traffic citations inflate rates – Even a single ticket may increase your cost forty percent or more. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. Drivers who get serious violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – Having a bad credit rating is a huge factor in determining your rates. People with good credit tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with lower credit scores. So if your credit history can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your 2008 Honda Accord by repairing your credit.
- Where you live – Living in less populated areas can save you money when it comes to insurance. Drivers in populated areas have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Lower population means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Don’t buy coverages you don’t need – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying when buying insurance. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, accidental death and motor club memberships are some examples. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Men fork out a little more – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Both sexes are in accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
Parts of your insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of insurance can help you determine the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. These are the usual coverages offered by insurance companies.
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Accord from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things like scraping a guard rail, backing into a parked car, crashing into a building, crashing into a ditch and driving through your garage door. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property in an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 50/100/50 that means you have $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers things such as structural damage, bail bonds and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as rock chips in glass, damage from a tornado or hurricane and fire damage. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical expense insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for bills for X-ray expenses, nursing services, EMT expenses and ambulance fees. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This provides protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Honda Accord.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Frequently these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
More choices the merrier
You just read quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on 2008 Honda Accord insurance. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with an unexpected company. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
When shopping online for insurance coverage, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Cost effective insurance can be found online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers may not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
More tips and info about insurance coverage can be read by following these links:
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord in San Antonio? (SACoverage.com)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area