Cheapest 2007 Toyota Highlander Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 6, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find lower car insurance rates? Buyers have many options when searching for affordable Toyota Highlander insurance. You can either waste hours calling around to get rate comparisons or utilize the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a better way to compare car insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the proper way to compare rates for a new or used Toyota and obtain the cheapest rates from local insurance agents and online providers.
You should make it a habit to take a look at other company’s rates before your policy renews because rates are constantly changing. Even if you got the best deal for Highlander coverage a year ago other companies may now be cheaper. There is a lot of bad information regarding car insurance on the web, but with this article, you’re going to get a lot of great tips on how to slash your car insurance rates.
If you have a policy now or are just looking to switch companies, you will benefit by learning to shop for the lowest rates while maintaining coverages. The purpose of this post is to help you learn the best way to quote coverages and some tips to save money. Vehicle owners only need an understanding of the most effective way to compare price quotes online.
Lesser-known factors impacting Toyota Highlander insurance rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. Knowing what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that may reward you with better car insurance rates.
The following are a partial list of the pieces car insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Don’t sacrifice liability coverage – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection if you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Most insurance companies give discounts to policyholders who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be 10 percent or more. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still be able to find better rates by splitting coverages up.
- Do you know your deductibles? – Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your Toyota from damage. Examples of covered claims are running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and rolling your vehicle. Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The more expense you’re willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance for Highlander coverage.
- Marriage brings a discount – Being married helps lower the price on your policy. Having a spouse means you’re more mature and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Save money with special equipment – Choosing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
Discounts to lower Toyota Highlander insurance rates
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there are discounts available that you may not even be aware of. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be asked about before being credited. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates when buying car insurance for Highlander coverage.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Toyota could qualify for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military could mean lower rates.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house can save you money because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify you for a discount for Highlander coverage with certain companies.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle on the same car insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers may qualify for better car insurance rates for Highlander coverage.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies offer discounts for switching policies prior to your current policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount will cut your overall premium however.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts include:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- Auto-Owners Insurance
Double check with each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts might not be offered in every state.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For example, these questions could help you determine if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Car insurance coverage information
Having a good grasp of your policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Collision coverage covers damage to your Highlander resulting from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things such as hitting a parking meter, damaging your car on a curb, scraping a guard rail, colliding with a tree and sideswiping another vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like hail damage, damage from flooding, theft, rock chips in glass and hitting a deer. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability auto insurance
This coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to people or other property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see values of 25/50/25 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for claims like structural damage, court costs and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but buy higher limits if possible.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses such as funeral costs, rehabilitation expenses, prosthetic devices, EMT expenses and surgery. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers both the driver and occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Toyota Highlander.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Most of the time these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Quote more, save more
Low-cost 2007 Toyota Highlander insurance is available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
We just presented many ways to get a better price on insurance. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance coverage comes from the smaller companies.
While you’re price shopping online, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate.
Additional learning opportunities
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area