Cheapest 2005 Toyota Highlander Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 6, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Beginners to comparing rates online might discover purchasing cut-rate car insurance quite challenging.
It’s important to do rate comparisons yearly because rates change quite often. Even if you got the best rates on Highlander coverage a couple years back a different company probably has better rates today. Don’t believe everything you read about car insurance on the internet, so I’m going to show you some excellent ideas to stop overpaying for insurance.
Finding affordable car insurance is simple if you know the tricks. Just about every driver who carries car insurance will most likely be able to save money. But vehicle owners do need to understand how big insurance companies market insurance on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
The quickest method we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to know the trick most of the larger companies have advanced systems to provide you with a free rate quote. All you need to do is provide a little information like types of safety features, how much coverage you want, if you lease or own, and how old drivers are. That information gets sent immediately to multiple companies and they return quotes very quickly.
To compare multiple company rates now, click here and see if a lower rate is available.
Auto insurance companies such as State Farm and Allstate continually stream television and radio advertisements. They all seem to make an identical promise of big savings after switching your coverage to them. How can each company make the same claim?
All the different companies can use profiling for the right customer that is profitable for them. For example, a preferred risk could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 50, a clean driving record, and has great credit. A customer who fits that profile receives the best rates and therefore will save a lot of money.
Drivers who don’t measure up to these standards will have to pay higher premiums which leads to the customer not buying. The ad wording is “drivers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. That’s the way companies can truthfully advertise the way they do.
Because of the profiling, it’s extremely important to compare many company’s rates. You cannot predict the company that will provide you with the cheapest Toyota Highlander insurance rates.
Parts of the Toyota Highlander rate equation
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. Knowing what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with lower car insurance prices.
- Do you need those extra coverages? – There are a lot of add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying car insurance. Coverages like roadside assistance, accidental death and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
- Pleasure use saves money – Driving more miles every year the higher your rates will be. Almost all companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos that are left in the garage qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. Improper usage on your Highlander may be wasting your money. Verify your car insurance coverage is rated on the proper vehicle usage.
- Do you know your deductibles? – Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your Toyota from damage. Examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, or theft. Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The more you’re willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive on Highlander coverage.
- You might want pay the small claims yourself – Car insurance companies provide better rates to people who are claim-free. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Your car insurance rates can be influenced by your job – Occupations like judges, business owners and dentists tend to pay the highest average rates due to job stress and lots of time spent at work. Other professions such as pilots, historians and retirees have the lowest average rates on Highlander coverage.
These discounts can lower your rates
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may find discounts to cut the cost considerably. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization could trigger savings on insurance on Highlander coverage.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Accident Waiver – A few companies will allow you to have one accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. But all discounts will reduce your premiums.
Companies that may offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- The Hartford
Check with each insurance company how you can save money. Discounts may not apply in your area.
Different people need different coverages
When buying coverage for your vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether you might need professional guidance.
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2005 Toyota Highlander is totaled?
- What happens if I owe more than my 2005 Toyota Highlander is worth?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Auto insurance coverages
Understanding the coverages of your car insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Car insurance terms can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage provides protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and damage to your 2005 Toyota Highlander.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Normally these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things like damage from flooding, fire damage and theft. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Auto liability insurance
This coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property. It protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 50/100/50 which means a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for claims like structural damage, legal defense fees and bail bonds. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Insurance for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses such as nursing services, prosthetic devices, X-ray expenses, hospital visits and dental work. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Highlander resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as backing into a parked car, rolling your car, scraping a guard rail, colliding with another moving vehicle and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Spend less. Save more.
The cheapest 2005 Toyota Highlander insurance is possible online and with local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not offer online quoting and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We’ve covered many ways to save on insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance coverage comes from the smaller companies.
As you restructure your insurance plan, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price.
Much more information about insurance coverage is located at these links:
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area