Cheapest 2007 Nissan Pathfinder Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for better insurance rates for your Nissan Pathfinder? Locating better insurance prices for your Nissan Pathfinder could be a painful process, but you can use a few tricks to save time.
There is a better way to find insurance online so you’re going to learn the best way to get price quotes for a new or used Nissan and find the lowest price from local insurance agents and online providers.
You need to do rate comparisons periodically since insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you found the best price for Pathfinder coverage a couple years back there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Starting right now, block out anything you think you know about insurance because we’re going to show you the fastest way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Shopping for the lowest cost auto insurance coverage is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, you will benefit by learning to get lower rates and still get good coverage. Drivers just need to know the proper methods to shop for auto insurance online.
Pay less for Nissan Pathfinder insurance
Car insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts to help offset the cost. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about prior to getting the savings. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Accident Forgiveness – Some insurance companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a home may earn you a small savings because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a course teaching defensive driving skills can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck. But any discount will bring down your overall premium however.
For a list of companies who offer insurance coverage discounts, click this link.
Factors influencing Nissan Pathfinder insurance rates
It’s important that you understand the factors that come into play when calculating insurance coverage rates. Knowing what influences your rates enables informed choices that will entitle you to better insurance coverage rates.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Most insurance coverage companies will award you with lower prices to people who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still be able to find a better deal by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Driving a car with an alarm system can get you a discount on your insurance coverage. Theft prevention devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
- With age comes lower rates – More mature drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel. Teenage drivers are known to get distracted easily when driving and because of this, their insurance coverage rates are much higher.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress job? – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations like real estate brokers, executives and dentists tend to have the highest average rates due to high stress levels and long work days. Other occupations such as scientists, historians and performers receive lower rates for Pathfinder coverage.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are many extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your insurance coverage policy. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, accidental death and membership fees are examples of these. They may seem good initially, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
- Do you know your deductibles? – The deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are colliding with a building, damage from fire, and rolling your vehicle. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your insurance coverage will be for Pathfinder coverage.
- Where do you drive? – The more miles you rack up on your Nissan in a year’s time the more you will pay for insurance coverage. Most insurance companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use receive lower rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. An improperly rated Pathfinder can result in significantly higher rates. Double check that your insurance coverage policy is showing how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Where you live can impact rates – Residing in a small town can be a good thing when buying insurance coverage. Urban drivers regularly have much more traffic and longer commute times. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- What happens if I owe more than my 2007 Nissan Pathfinder is worth?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Car insurance ads bend the truth
Consumers can’t get away from ads for cheaper car insurance from the likes of State Farm and Allstate. They all seem to make the same claim that you can save if you switch your coverage to them.
How do they all claim to save you money? This is how they do it.
All the different companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of driver they prefer to insure. For example, a preferred risk could possibly be between the ages of 40 and 55, a clean driving record, and chooses high deductibles. Any driver who fits that profile receives the best rates and therefore will save a lot of money.
Consumers who don’t measure up to these standards will be quoted higher prices and this can result in business not being written. The ad wording is “drivers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much. That is how insurance companies can advertise the way they do.
This emphasizes why it’s extremely important to get as many comparisons as possible. It’s not possible to predict which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest Nissan Pathfinder insurance rates.
Specifics of your insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of your policy aids in choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Liability insurance can cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property in an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 50/100/50 which means a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Some companies may use a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and court costs. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as fire damage, damage from flooding, theft and falling objects. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Auto collision coverage
This covers damage to your Pathfinder from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims such as crashing into a building, backing into a parked car, scraping a guard rail and driving through your garage door. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for expenses for things like pain medications, nursing services, hospital visits and chiropractic care. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
One last thing about your coverage
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like high prices, delays in paying claims, questionable increases in premium and even policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
In this article, we covered many ideas to compare 2007 Nissan Pathfinder insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at the best price.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area