Cheapest 2007 Mazda CX-7 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want better auto insurance rates for your Mazda CX-7? Having to pay for overpriced auto insurance can dwindle your bank account and put the squeeze on your family’s finances. Comparison shopping is free and is an excellent way to cut your insurance bill. Since consumers have many companies to choose from, it can be challenging to pick the most cost effective insurer.
It’s a good idea to check auto insurance prices yearly because insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the best rates for CX-7 coverage a few years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. There is a lot of wrong information about auto insurance on the internet, so with this article, you’re going to get some good information on how to reduce your auto insurance bill.
Mazda CX-7 rates influenced by many factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that help determine your car insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that can help you get lower car insurance prices.
- Being married can save on car insurance – Being married can actually save you money on car insurance. Marriage is viewed as being more mature and responsible and it’s statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Don’t get talked into coverage you don’t need – There are a lot of add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying car insurance. Coverages like vanishing deductibles, accidental death and term life insurance are examples of these. These coverages may sound good when you first buy your policy, but if they’re wasting money get rid of them and save.
- Don’t sacrifice liability coverage – Liability coverage is the protection when a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Increase deductibles and save – Your deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply could be running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and burglary. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your car insurance will be for CX-7 coverage.
- Are you male or female? – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that men are worse drivers. Both sexes tend to get into accidents in similar numbers, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also have more aggressive citations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Your location affects your rates – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when buying car insurance. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers in populated areas tend to have congested traffic and longer commute times. Longer commute distances means more change of being in an accident.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Most insurers will give a discount to policyholders who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. If you currently are using one company, you still need to compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still be able to find better rates by buying car insurance from a different company.
- Cautious drivers pay less – Whether or not you get tickets has a huge affect on how much you pay. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Just one citation may increase your cost forty percent or more. Drivers with flagrant tickets like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to submit a SR-22 form with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
How to Compare Car Insurance Quotes
All the larger car insurance companies provide pricing on the web. This process is quite simple as you just type in the coverages you want as requested by the quote form. Behind the scenes, their system pulls information on your driving record and credit history and generates a price based on many factors. This helps simplify price comparisons, but the time it takes to visit each company’s website and repetitively type in the same information can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. Unfortunately, it is important to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find better prices.
The better way to compare rates
A quicker way to compare car insurance pricing uses one form to return rates from several different companies. The form is fast, eliminates form submissions, and makes online price comparison much more efficient. Immediately after you send the form, it is quoted with multiple companies and you can pick your choice of the quotes that you receive. If a lower price is quoted, you can simply submit the application and buy the new coverage. It only takes a few minutes and may save quite a bit of money.
To save time and fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, click here to open in a new tab and input your coverage information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you complete the form with the coverage information exactly as they are listed on your policy. This ensures you will receive an apples-to-apples comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
Get lower rates on 2007 Mazda CX-7 insurance
Car insurance companies do not list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we researched some of the best known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers may qualify for a small decrease in premiums for CX-7 coverage.
- Early Switch Discount – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off your medical payments premium.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military could mean lower rates.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more for CX-7 coverage than less cautious drivers.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
Check with all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not apply in your state.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
The coverage is in the details
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find typical coverage types available from insurance companies.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for expenses for X-ray expenses, hospital visits, surgery, prosthetic devices and nursing services. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as damage from getting keyed, fire damage, vandalism and damage from flooding. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability coverage – This provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property in an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as attorney fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, loss of income, legal defense fees and court costs. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – This protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Collision – Collision coverage covers damage to your CX-7 caused by collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things like crashing into a building, driving through your garage door, rolling your car and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Lower-priced 2007 Mazda CX-7 insurance can be sourced from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance coverage companies may not provide online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can reduce insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a small mutual company. They can often provide lower rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
More learning opportunities
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area