Cheapest 2007 GMC Sierra 3500HD Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for lower car insurance rates for your GMC Sierra 3500HD? Have you fallen victim to high-priced car insurance? Believe me, you’re not alone.
With so many online and local companies to choose from, it’s difficult to pick the cheapest car insurance company.
It’s important to shop coverage around before your policy renews because prices fluctuate regularly. Even if you got the best rates on SierraHD insurance six months ago a different company probably has better rates today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the best methods to buy cheaper car insurance.
Low Cost Insurance Coverage
All the larger insurance coverage companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive quote prices for coverage directly from their websites. Getting quotes is pretty painless as you simply enter your personal and coverage information into a form. After you submit the form their rating system automatically orders your driving and credit reports and generates a price based on many factors. Quoting online makes comparing rates easy, but having to visit several different sites and enter the same data into a form can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. But it’s very important to do this in order to get the lowest insurance coverage rates.
Isn’t there an easier way to compare rates?
The preferred way to lower your insurance coverage bill uses one simple form that analyzes rates from a lot of companies. The form is fast, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes rate comparisons much more efficient. Immediately after you send the form, it gets priced and you can choose any of the returned quotes. If you find a better price it’s easy to complete the application and purchase the new policy. The entire process takes less than 15 minutes and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
To compare rates using this form now, simply click here to open in new window and enter your information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you replicate the coverage information identical to your current policy. This makes sure you’re receiving a price comparison based on similar coverages.
Discounts are available to cut your rates
Car insurance companies do not advertise all available discounts very well, so we break down both well-publicized and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Early Signing – Some companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers pay much less when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off on SierraHD insurance depending on your company.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Accident Forgiveness – A handful of insurance companies allow you one accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Car insurance companies who might offer these money-saving discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. Savings may not be available in your state.
Everyone needs different coverages
When choosing coverage for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions might help in determining whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- When should I not file a claim?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance coverage companies in your area.
Insurance coverage considerations
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are typical coverage types offered by insurance companies.
Coverage for medical expenses – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for expenses for things like EMT expenses, ambulance fees and doctor visits. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision coverage – This pays for damage to your Sierra 3500HD resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as hitting a parking meter, backing into a parked car, sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with another moving vehicle and crashing into a ditch. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like falling objects, a broken windshield, vandalism and theft. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Liability insurance – Liability insurance protects you from damage that occurs to other people or property. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability coverage pays for things like repair costs for stationary objects, court costs and loss of income. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your GMC Sierra 3500HD.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
And the best car insurance company is…
Low-cost 2007 GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance is available from both online companies as well as from independent agents, so compare prices from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
When you buy insurance online, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate.
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area