Cheapest 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you confused by the dozens of insurance choices? Many other consumers are too. Consumers have so many options that it can easily become a lot of work to find better rates.
Buying car insurance is not rocket science. Essentially every driver who carries auto insurance will be able to find better rates. But car owners must understand how the larger insurance companies price online insurance.
Save on 2007 Chevy Cobalt insurance
Auto insurance companies do not advertise every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of both well-publicized as well as the least known ways to save on insurance coverage.
- Resident Student – Children who attend school more than 100 miles from home and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Early Signing – Some companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on your policy for Cobalt insurance.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home can help you save on insurance coverage because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for better insurance coverage rates for Cobalt insurance.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a course in driver safety could save 5% or more if you qualify.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like you could get a free insurance coverage policy, you won’t be that lucky.
To see a list of insurance companies offering insurance coverage discounts, click here.
Compare the Market for Insurance
There are several ways to compare rate quotes from different insurance companies. One of the best ways to find the lowest 2007 Chevy Cobalt rates consists of shopping online. This is very easy and can be done in several different ways.
- The easiest and least time consuming way consumers can make multiple comparisons would be an industry-wide quote request form like this one (opens in new window). This form prevents you from having to do separate quote forms for each company you want a rate for. One form submission will get you price quotes from insurance companies with the best prices. This is perfect if you don’t have a lot of time.
- A more difficult way to obtain and compare quotes online requires you to visit each company’s website to request a price quote. For examples sake, we’ll assume you want to compare rates from State Farm, Liberty Mutual and Progressive. To get rate quotes you would need to go to every website to enter your coverage information, which is why most consumers use the first method.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
Whichever method you choose, make absolute certain that you use exactly the same deductibles and coverage limits on every quote. If each company quotes higher or lower deductibles it’s not possible to decipher which rate is best. Just a small difference in coverages may result in a large different in cost. And when quoting insurance, remember that quoting more helps locate a better price.
Factors that can influence Chevy Cobalt insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with lower auto insurance prices.
- With age comes lower rates – Mature drivers are more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel. Young drivers tend to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Special features that cut premiums – Choosing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
- Are you male or female? – Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women are in accidents in similar percentages, but men have costlier accidents. Men also get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are most likely to cause an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Liability coverage protects you – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection when you are found liable for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – The majority of companies will give a discount to policyholders who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s still a good idea to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Is my 2007 Chevy Cobalt covered for smoke damage?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Is my trailer covered?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Coverages available on your policy
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision coverages – Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Cobalt from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims like crashing into a ditch, colliding with a tree, backing into a parked car, scraping a guard rail and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Auto liability – This will cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people. It protects you from legal claims by others. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for claims like court costs, pain and suffering, emergency aid, structural damage and medical services. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Insurance for medical payments – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for expenses for things like hospital visits, funeral costs and X-ray expenses. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as theft, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and falling objects. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your 2007 Chevy Cobalt.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Knowledge is power
When shopping online for insurance, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cheap 2007 Chevy Cobalt insurance is definitely available both online in addition to many insurance agents, so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
We’ve covered a lot of information how to reduce insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the best price on insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Additional information is available at the links below
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area