Cheapest 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower insurance rates for your Chevrolet Cobalt? Are you a victim of high-priced insurance? Believe me, many consumers feel financially strained by their insurance policy.
Because there are so many insurance companies to choose from, it’s difficult to find the lowest cost insurance company.
Get lower rates on 2010 Chevy Cobalt insurance
Car insurance companies don’t always list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find some of the more common and also the lesser-known ways to save on insurance.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner can help you save on insurance because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10% on Cobalt insurance.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some companies give a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less on Cobalt insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts up to 30%.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
For a list of insurers with discount insurance rates, follow this link.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying the right insurance coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Is my trailer covered?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Coverages available on your insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are the normal coverages found on most insurance policies.
Medical costs insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for bills like doctor visits, chiropractic care, X-ray expenses and dental work. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as damage from getting keyed, falling objects, hail damage, theft and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people in an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 bodily injury coverage, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as bail bonds, medical services, medical expenses, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and emergency aid. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Chevy Cobalt.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims like backing into a parked car, crashing into a ditch and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
And the best car insurance company is…
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
You just read many ways to compare 2010 Chevy Cobalt insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may be surprised to find that the lowest premiums are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
To read more, feel free to browse these articles:
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area