Cheapest 2007 BMW 5 Series Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for the cheapest insurance coverage rates for your BMW 5 Series? Tired of paying out the nose to pay your car insurance bill each month? Your situation is no different than most other car owners. Drivers have multiple auto insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it’s a good thing to be able to choose, so many choices can make it hard to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
It’s a great practice to check insurance coverage prices quite often because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on 5 Series coverage a few years ago you will most likely find a better rate today. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about insurance coverage online but we’re going to give you some great ideas on how to save money.
Buying car insurance is quite easy. If you have a current auto insurance policy or are just looking to switch companies, you can follow these tips to get lower rates while maximizing coverage. Consumers only need an understanding of the proper way to find the lowest price on the web.
Free Quotes for Car Insurance
All major car insurance companies provide pricing on the web. Getting online quotes is fairly simple as you simply type in the coverages you want into the quote form. After you submit the form the company’s rating system obtains credit information and your driving record and generates pricing information. Quoting online makes comparing rates easy, but having to visit several different sites and type in the same information gets old quite quickly. But it’s absolutely necessary to do this in order to find better prices.
Rate comparisons made easy
An easier way to lower your rates utilizes a single form that gets prices from many companies. It saves time, eliminates form submissions, and makes online quotes much more enjoyable. Immediately after you send the form, it gets priced and you are able to buy any or none of the quotes returned. If a lower price is quoted, you can click and sign and purchase the new policy. It takes 15 minutes at the most and may result in a nice savings.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, simply click here to open in new window and input your coverage information. To compare your current rates, we recommend you complete the form with the limits and deductibles as close as possible to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
Save on BMW 5 Series insurance
Car insurance companies don’t list every available discount very clearly, so we took the time to find both well-publicized as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Memberships – Being a member of certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break when buying insurance coverage on 5 Series coverage.
- Early Signing – Select companies give a discount for signing up prior to your current policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more on 5 Series coverage than drivers with accidents.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application online.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your BMW could qualify for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply the whole policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Car insurance companies who might offer these discounts include:
Check with all companies you are considering how you can save money. Some discounts may not be available in your state.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. These are some specific questions can help discover if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
BMW 5 Series rate determination is complex
It’s important that you understand the factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. Understanding what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get better car insurance rates.
- Pleasure use or commuting – The more you drive each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies apply a rate based on their usage. Vehicles not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. Ask your agent if your car insurance policy is rated on the correct driver usage, because it can save money. Incorrect usage on your 5 Series can result in significantly higher rates.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent auto theft.
- High numbers of claims are not good – Companies provide discounts to people who file claims infrequently. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind – Your policy’s liability coverage provides coverage when you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress job? – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupations such as doctors, social workers and financial analysts are shown to have higher average rates attributed to stressful work requirements and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, occupations such as actors, engineers and homemakers pay the least on 5 Series coverage.
- Your location is important – Choosing to live in a rural area can save you money when it comes to car insurance. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. More time on the road translates into higher accident risk.
Don’t believe everything you hear
Consumers can’t get away from ads for cheaper car insurance by companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. They all seem to say the same thing that you can save after switching to them.
But how can every company claim to save you money?
Insurance companies have a certain “appetite” for the driver that is profitable for them. A good example of a preferred risk could be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no prior claims, and has a high credit rating. A driver who meets those qualifications gets the lowest rates and as a result will probably pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Drivers who don’t meet the “perfect” profile will be charged more money and this can result in the customer not buying. The ads state “customers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. That’s the way companies can truthfully claim big savings. That is why drivers must get as many comparisons as possible. It’s not possible to predict which insurance coverage company will have the lowest BMW 5 Series insurance rates.
Auto insurance policy specifics
Understanding the coverages of a auto insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find the normal coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Liability auto insurance – This coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things such as legal defense fees, structural damage, pain and suffering and medical services. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Insurance for medical payments – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for immediate expenses such as surgery, doctor visits, rehabilitation expenses and X-ray expenses. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers all vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – This coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as theft, hitting a bird and a broken windshield. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – This provides protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your BMW 5 Series.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance covers damage to your 5 Series caused by collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims like crashing into a ditch, backing into a parked car and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Don’t throw your cash in the trash
As you prepare to switch companies, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped full coverage only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheaper 2007 BMW 5 Series insurance can be bought both online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers may not provide the ability to get a quote online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can reduce insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from an unexpected company. These companies often have lower prices on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Even more information can be read by following these links:
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area