Cheapest 1995 BMW 5 Series Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jan 7, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding better insurance prices for your BMW 5 Series can turn out to be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to save time. There are both good and bad ways to buy auto insurance and we’ll show you the quickest way to get price quotes for a new or used BMW and find the best price possible either online or from local insurance agents.
It’s a good habit to shop coverage around periodically because insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the best deal on 5 Series coverage two years ago you will most likely find a better rate today. There is a lot of wrong information about auto insurance online but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some great ways to quit paying high auto insurance rates.
Vehicle Insurance Comparison
Most companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO allow you to get price estimates on their websites. Getting quotes is fairly straightforward as you just enter your personal and coverage information into a form. Behind the scenes, their rating system pulls your driving and credit reports and provides a quote.
Online quotes streamlines rate comparisons, but the process of having to visit each company’s website and repetitively type in the same information is repetitive and time-consuming. But it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for a lower rate.
There is a better way!
An easier way to find lower prices is to use a quote form to get prices from several different companies. It’s a real time-saver, eliminates repetitive work, and makes price shopping online a little more enjoyable. After sending your information, it gets priced and you can select your choice of the returned quotes. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can simply submit the application and purchase the new policy. It just takes a couple of minutes and you will know how your current rates stack up.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now, click here to open in a new tab and fill out the form. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you input coverages and limits as close as possible to your current policy. This makes sure you will be getting a fair comparison using the exact same coverages.
BMW 5 Series rates are complex
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that come into play when calculating your auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with lower auto insurance prices.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – Insurance companies generally give lower rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you file claims often, you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance coverage is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Males pay more for insurance – Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women cause accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI.
- Your spouse saves you money – Getting married helps lower the price on auto insurance. Marriage means you’re more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Do you have a high stress job? – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Careers like real estate brokers, business owners and accountants are shown to have higher rates than average because of high stress and long work hours. On the flip side, jobs such as farmers, athletes and homemakers pay the least on 5 Series coverage.
- The more you drive the more you pay – Driving more miles each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies price each vehicle’s coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Ask your agent if your auto insurance coverage is showing the proper vehicle usage. Incorrect usage on your 5 Series may be wasting your money.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts – The majority of insurers will give a discount to insureds who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount, you still need to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Consumers may find a better deal by splitting coverages up.
- How credit affects auto insurance rates – Having a bad credit history is a important factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Therefore, if your credit history is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your 1995 BMW 5 Series by repairing your credit. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
Policy discounts you shouldn’t miss
Auto insurance companies do not advertise every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both well-publicized and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Early Signing – Some companies give discounts for switching policies before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a driver safety course could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- One Accident Forgiven – Some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break when buying car insurance on 5 Series coverage.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with a substantially lower rate.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
To see a list of companies with discount car insurance rates, click here.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions could help you determine whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- If my 1995 BMW 5 Series is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Learning about specific coverages of your auto insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for bills like funeral costs, doctor visits, EMT expenses and prosthetic devices. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover both the driver and occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision coverage – Collision insurance covers damage to your 5 Series resulting from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims such as damaging your car on a curb, hitting a mailbox and crashing into a building. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your BMW 5 Series.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Comprehensive auto coverage – This covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as hitting a deer, hitting a bird, falling objects and fire damage. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Auto liability – Liability coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims such as legal defense fees, funeral expenses and court costs. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Quote often and quote early
Drivers leave their current company for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, policy cancellation, delays in paying claims and lack of trust in their agent. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new insurance coverage company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Cheaper 1995 BMW 5 Series insurance is possible online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not provide online quoting and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We just presented a lot of information how to get a better price on insurance. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest priced insurance coverage comes from the smaller companies.
Additional insurance coverage information can be found at these links:
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area