Cheapest 2006 Volkswagen Passat Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 3, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Expensive car insurance can empty your bank account and make it impossible to make ends meet. Doing a price comparison is a great way to help make ends meet. Because you have many insurance providers from which to choose, it is very difficult to pick the right car insurance company.
Finding more affordable coverage is quite easy. If you have a policy now or are shopping for new coverage, you can learn to find the best rates and still get good coverage. Drivers only need an understanding of the proper way to compare company rates on the web.
How to Lower Your Car Insurance Cost
Getting a lower price on 2006 Volkswagen Passat insurance can be surprisingly simple. Drivers just need to take a few minutes to compare quotes online from several insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- One of the best ways consumers can analyze rates is a comparison rater form (click to open form in new window). This type of form prevents you from having to do separate forms for each company. One form submission gets rate comparisons instantly.
- The most time-consuming way of getting rate comparisons is to spend time driving to different agent offices. The ability to buy insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you require the professional advice that only a license agent can provide. It is possible to price shop your coverage online and still use a local agent. We’ll cover that shortly.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just make sure you use the exact same information for every company. If you enter mixed coverages you can’t possibly truly determine the lowest rate.
Is there truth in advertising?
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads for the lowest price auto insurance by companies like Allstate and Progressive. All the companies have a common claim that you’ll save big if you switch to them.
How does each company make almost identical claims? This is how they do it.
All the different companies are able to cherry pick for the driver they prefer to insure. For instance, a profitable customer might be profiled as between 30 and 50, has no tickets, and chooses high deductibles. A propective insured who meets those qualifications is entitled to the best price and therefore will save a lot of money.
Potential customers who don’t qualify for the “perfect” profile will be quoted higher rates which leads to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads say “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that kind of money. This is how insurance companies can claim big savings.
This emphasizes why you absolutely need to compare many company’s rates. It’s not possible to predict the company that will provide you with the cheapest Volkswagen Passat insurance rates.
These factors can influence what you pay for Volkswagen Passat insurance
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that go into determining the price you pay for car insurance. Understanding what influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to lower car insurance prices.
- Your location affects your rates – Living in less populated areas has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents. Urban drivers regularly have congested traffic and a longer drive to work. Higher commute times can result in more accidents.
- Rates may be higher depending on your occupation – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Careers like doctors, architects and stock brokers tend to have the highest rates in part from high stress and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, professions such as farmers, students and performers receive lower rates for Passat insurance.
- How credit affects car insurance rates – Your credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Drivers with high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with poor credit. Therefore, if your credit score is low, you could be paying less to insure your 2006 Volkswagen Passat by improving your rating.
- How’s your driving record? – Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Just one moving violation can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. If you have dangerous violations like DUI or reckless driving may find they need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
- What are your deductibles? – Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your Volkswagen from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply would be running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and rolling your vehicle. Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive for Passat insurance.
- Do you need the policy add-ons? – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that you can buy on your car insurance policy. Things like roadside assistance, towing coverage and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea initially, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance companies give lower rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your insurance policy is intended for larger claims.
- Being married is a good thing – Having a spouse can actually save you money on your policy. It translates into being more mature it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
Lots of discounts mean lots of savings
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but companies offer discounts to help bring down the price. Most are applied at the time of purchase, but some must be asked about before being credited. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance coverage on a new car is cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for a substantially lower rate.
- College Student – Kids in college living away from home attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers may receive a small decrease in premiums for Passat insurance.
- Driver Safety – Completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- E-sign – A handful of insurance companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up online.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount will reduce your overall premium however.
Situations that might require an agent
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions may help you determine whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent.
Coverages available on your policy
Understanding the coverages of a insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are the normal coverages found on most insurance policies.
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Liability insurance protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people. It protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 100/300/100 that means you have a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as bail bonds, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, repair costs for stationary objects, loss of income and structural damage. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but buy higher limits if possible.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage covers damage to your Passat from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things like crashing into a building, crashing into a ditch, colliding with another moving vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole and backing into a parked car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for short-term medical expenses for things like surgery, dental work, hospital visits and pain medications. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like damage from getting keyed, rock chips in glass, hail damage and hitting a deer. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Get your money’s worth
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where someone dropped full coverage and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to shop for 2006 Volkswagen Passat insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the best price on insurance coverage is with the smaller companies. Smaller companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
More tips and info about insurance coverage is available at these sites:
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area