Cheapest 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 2, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Expensive insurance coverage can overdraw your savings account and force you to prioritize other expenses. Comparing price quotes is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to cut your insurance bill. Drivers have so many auto insurance companies to choose from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, it can be more challenging to compare rates.
Mitsubishi Eclipse rates are in the details
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that help determine insurance coverage rates. Knowing what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts – Many insurance companies will give a discount to customers who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still find a better deal by buying insurance coverage from a different company.
- Small claims can cost you – If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance companies award cheaper rates to people who file claims infrequently. Your insurance policy is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Pay less after the wedding – Being married can actually save you money on insurance coverage. Having a significant other is viewed as being more mature than a single person and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Safe vehicles cost less to insure – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates. If the Mitsubishi Eclipse scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Your location is important – Being located in less populated areas can be a good thing when buying insurance coverage. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have much more traffic to deal with and much longer commute distances. Longer commute distances means more change of being in an accident.
- Proper usage rating affects rates – Driving more miles in a year’s time the more you will pay for insurance coverage. Almost all companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Autos that are left in the garage qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Improper usage on your Eclipse may be wasting your money. Verify your insurance coverage coverage shows the proper vehicle usage.
How to Lower Your Auto Insurance Cost
Shopping for lower auto insurance rates can take time and effort if you aren’t aware of the best way to get rate quotes. You can spend your afternoon talking about coverages with agents in your area, or you can stay home and use the web to get rate comparisons in just a few minutes.
Many of the larger companies participate in an industry program where insurance shoppers submit their information once, and every company provides a quote for coverage. This system prevents you from having to do quote requests to each individual auto insurance company.
To submit your quote information now, click here to start a free quote.
One minor caviat to using this type of form is buyers cannot specifically choose which carriers you want pricing from. So if you want to choose from a list of companies to receive pricing from, we have a page of auto insurance companies in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just double check that you are using apples-to-apples coverage limits with every price quote. If each company quotes mixed coverages you can’t possibly determine the best price for your Mitsubishi Eclipse.
Save 15 percent in 15 minutes? Is it for real?
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements for cheaper car insurance from the likes of State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. All the ads have a common claim that you’ll save big after switching your coverage to them.
How can each company make almost identical claims?
Insurance companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver that earns them a profit. For example, a desirable insured might be profiled as over the age of 50, a clean driving record, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A propective insured who matches those parameters is entitled to the best price and is almost guaranteed to cut their rates substantially.
Potential customers who do not match these standards will be charged a more expensive rate which usually ends up with business not being written. Company advertisements say “people who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. This is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings.
That is why drivers should compare as many rates as you can. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance coverage company will fit your personal profile best.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may find discounts to help bring down the price. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class in school.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Early Switch Discount – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Life Insurance Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give better rates if you take out life insurance.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off your medical payments premium.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a driver safety course can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. But all discounts will cut the cost of coverage.
Companies that may offer these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before buying, ask each company which discounts they offer. Discounts might not be offered everywhere.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
The coverage is in the details
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are typical coverage types found on the average car insurance policy.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This gives you protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Frequently these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Eclipse resulting from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like scraping a guard rail, colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a building, hitting a mailbox and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like damage from flooding, falling objects, theft, vandalism and hitting a deer. The highest amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for immediate expenses for things like prosthetic devices, X-ray expenses and doctor visits. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability insurance protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 bodily injury coverage, $100,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for things such as pain and suffering, legal defense fees, loss of income and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to lower your 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the most savings is with the smaller companies. These companies often have lower prices on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Lower-priced insurance is definitely available both online as well as from independent agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
To read more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area