Cheapest 2006 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower car insurance rates for your Mercedes-Benz SL-Class? Have you fallen victim to overpriced car insurance? Believe me when I say you are not the only one feeling buyer’s remorse. Many auto insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance companies to get the best rates possible.
If you have insurance now or are shopping for new coverage, you can use this information to cut your premiums while maximizing coverage. Buying car insurance is not that difficult. Vehicle owners only need an understanding of the best way to buy auto insurance on the web.
Discounts are basically free money
Companies don’t always advertise every available discount very well, so we researched some of the best known and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving. If you don’t get every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers may receive a discount up to 10% for SL-Class insurance.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less for SL-Class insurance than drivers with accidents.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with better rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Memberships – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on car insurance for SL-Class insurance.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government may qualify you for a discount for SL-Class insurance with select insurance companies.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
To see a list of companies offering car insurance discounts, click here.
The most recommended method to compare car insurance company rates is to know most insurance companies allow for online access to compare their rates. The only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details including driver details, if it has an alarm system, what your job is, and if you’re married. Your insurance information is instantly sent to multiple insurance providers and they return rate quotes instantly.
Factors that can influence Mercedes-Benz SL-Class insurance rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that go into determining the price you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that can help you get better auto insurance rates.
Listed below are some of the items auto insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – The higher the mileage driven in a year the higher your rate. Almost all companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Cars left parked in the garage can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Make sure your auto insurance declarations sheet is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money. If your policy improperly rates your SL-Class can cost quite a bit.
- More claims means more premium – Car insurance companies provide discounts to people who do not file claims often. If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Increase deductibles and save – Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your Mercedes-Benz. Some instances where coverage would apply are a windshield shattered by a rock, damage from fire, or theft. Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be for SL-Class insurance.
- Protect your assets with liability insurance – Liability coverage is the protection when a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Being married is a good thing – Being married helps lower the price on auto insurance. Having a spouse usually means you are more mature and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Your location affects your rates – Living in less populated areas can be a good thing when buying auto insurance. City drivers have to deal with much more traffic and longer commute times. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Lower rates come with age – More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers. Teen drivers are known to get distracted easily when driving and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart car theft.
Which insurance is the “right” coverage?
When it comes to choosing the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions could help you determine if you could use an agent’s help.
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 2006 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Don’t be fooled by advertising claims
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads for cheaper car insurance from the likes of GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. All the companies make an identical promise that you can save if you move your coverage to them.
How can each company claim to save you money?
All the different companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver that earns them a profit. For example, a desirable insured could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 50, insures multiple vehicles, and has a high credit rating. A customer getting a price quote who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest rates and as a result will probably save when they switch companies.
Potential customers who don’t meet the “perfect” profile will be charged higher prices and this can result in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads say “customers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much. This is how companies can make the claims of big savings. That is why drivers should compare as many rates as you can. You cannot predict which insurance companies will have the lowest Mercedes-Benz SL-Class insurance rates.
Understanding the coverages of auto insurance can be of help when determining which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Auto insurance terms can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are the normal coverages available from auto insurance companies.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like fire damage, rock chips in glass, vandalism and hitting a deer. The maximum amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims like sideswiping another vehicle, driving through your garage door and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your 2006 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for immediate expenses like prosthetic devices, surgery and doctor visits. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover both the driver and occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability auto insurance
This coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see values of 50/100/50 which stand for a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, medical expenses, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and medical services. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Take this to the bank
We just covered some good ideas how to reduce 2006 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even discover the most savings is with the smaller companies. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
Cost effective insurance is available from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area