Cheapest 2006 Kia Spectra Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 25, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for lower insurance coverage rates for your Kia Spectra? Confused by the crazy number of insurance coverage company choices? You have a lot of company. Drivers have so many options available that it can be more work than you anticipated to find the perfect company for you.
Finding Auto Insurance Deals
The are a couple different ways to compare rate quotes from different insurance companies. The fastest way to find the lowest 2006 Kia Spectra rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online. This can be done in a couple of different ways.
- The best way consumers can make multiple comparisons is to use a rate comparison form click to view form in new window. This easy form eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions to each individual auto insurance company. One quote request gets you price quotes instantly. This is perfect if you don’t have a lot of time.
- A different way to compare rate quotes is to manually visit the website for each individual company to complete their respective quote request forms. For example, we’ll assume you want to compare rates from Farmers, Allstate and American Family. To find out each rate you need to go to every website to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is quicker. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
- The most time-consuming way to get comparison rates is to spend time driving to different agent offices. The ability to buy insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you have a need for the professional advice of a licensed agent. It is possible to get prices online and still use a local agent and we’ll talk about that later.
However you get your quotes, make absolute certain that you use exactly the same coverage information with each company. If you have differing limits it’s impossible to determine which rate is truly the best. Having just a slight variation in coverage limits can make a big difference in price. It’s important to know that getting more free quotes will increase your chances of finding better pricing.
Cut your premium with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for reduced rates on Spectra coverage.
- Accident Waiver – A few companies will allow you to have one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles can earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization could trigger savings on your policy on Spectra coverage.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will cut the amount you have to pay.
Car insurance companies who might offer these discounts include:
Double check with each company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not be available in your state.
Kia Spectra insurance rates are influenced by…
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that help determine the rates you pay for car insurance. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower car insurance prices.
The following are some of the items car insurance companies consider when setting prices.
- Increase deductibles and save – Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your Kia. Some examples of claims that would be covered are collision with another vehicle, collision with an animal, and rolling your vehicle. Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance on Spectra coverage.
- Don’t let your coverage lapse – Driving with no insurance is illegal and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage lapse. And not only will your rates increase, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Discounts for married couples – Getting married actually saves money when buying car insurance. Marriage means you’re more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Cautious drivers pay less – Your driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Drivers with clean records get better rates than bad drivers. Only having one citation may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers who get serious violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- Don’t get talked into coverage you don’t need – There are a lot of additional coverages that can waste your money when buying car insurance. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness and membership fees may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
What is the best insurance coverage?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 2006 Kia Spectra?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my 2006 Kia Spectra to commute?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Save $381 a year. For real?
GEICO, State Farm and Progressive consistently run ads on television and other media. All the companies have a common claim that you’ll save big if you change your coverage to them. How do they all claim to save you money? This is how they do it.
All the different companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver that earns them a profit. A good example of a profitable customer could be between 25 and 40, has no driving citations, and chooses high deductibles. A customer who fits that profile receives the best rates and most likely will cut their rates substantially.
Consumers who don’t measure up to the requirements will be quoted higher rates and this can result in the customer not buying. Company advertisements say “people who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much. That is how companies can truthfully state the savings.
This emphasizes why it’s extremely important to quote coverage with many companies. You cannot predict which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
Insurance coverages 101
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as fire damage, hail damage and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
This provides protection from damage that occurs to a person or their property that is your fault. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 100/300/100 which means a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, structural damage, legal defense fees and bail bonds. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
This pays for damage to your Spectra resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims such as scraping a guard rail, colliding with another moving vehicle, backing into a parked car and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Kia Spectra.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Medical costs insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for bills for things like nursing services, pain medications and doctor visits. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to get a better price on 2006 Kia Spectra insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with the least-expected company.
People leave their current company for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service or even policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching insurance companies is easier than you think.
Low-cost insurance is possible both online and with local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
Additional insurance information can be read at these links:
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area