Cheapest 2006 Ford Freestyle Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 6, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest insurance rates for your Ford Freestyle? Price shopping your insurance is always a challenge for people who are new to comparison shopping online. Consumers have so many options available that it can easily become a challenge to locate the lowest price.
Auto Insurance Quote Comparison
All the larger auto insurance companies quote coverage price quotes on the web. Getting online rates is fairly straightforward as you simply type in your required coverages as requested by the quote form. After you complete the form, the system will order your driving record and credit report and quotes a price determined by many factors.
Quoting online simplifies rate comparisons, but the process of having to visit multiple sites and complete many quote forms gets old quite quickly. But it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step if you are searching for the lowest auto insurance rates.
There is a better way to compare rates
A less time-consuming method to find cheaper rates is to use a quote form to get prices from multiple companies. It’s a real time-saver, eliminates form submissions, and makes price shopping online a little more enjoyable. After sending the form, your coverage is rated and you are able to buy any one of the quote results.
If the quotes result in lower rates, it’s easy to complete the application and purchase the new policy. The whole process only takes a few minutes and you’ll know if lower rates are available.
To save time and find out what other companies charge, click here to open in new window and submit the form. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you copy your coverages identical to your current policy. This ensures you will receive rate comparison quotes for exact coverage.
Get lower rates on Ford Freestyle insurance
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but companies offer discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about before they will apply.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive a discount up to 10% on Freestyle insurance.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% less on Freestyle insurance than drivers with accidents.
- Auto/Life Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give better rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Accident Waiver – A handful of insurance companies allow you one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization may earn a discount on your policy on Freestyle insurance.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply the whole policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance coverage companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will reduce your overall premium however.
For a list of companies offering insurance coverage discounts, follow this link.
Ford Freestyle rates are in the details
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that help determine the rates you pay for insurance coverage. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with better insurance coverage rates.
- Pleasure use or commuting – The more miles you rack up on your Ford in a year’s time the more you will pay for insurance coverage. The majority of insurers price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Cars left parked in the garage get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. Improper usage on your Freestyle may be costing you. Make sure your insurance coverage policy shows how each vehicle is driven.
- Do you need those extra coverages? – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that you can buy on your insurance coverage policy. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage and membership fees are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment initially, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Ford Freestyle scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Careers like lawyers, social workers and accountants have higher rates than average due to high stress and lengthy work days. On the flip side, occupations like pilots, athletes and performers get better rates on Freestyle insurance.
- Older drivers pay less – More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations. Young drivers tend to be careless and easily distracted when driving and because of this, their insurance coverage rates are much higher.
- No coverage gaps is important – Driving your car without having proper coverage is illegal and insurance coverage companies will penalize you for letting your insurance expire. Not only will you pay more, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a revoked license or a big fine.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Who is covered when they drive my 2006 Ford Freestyle?
- What is the ISO rating for a 2006 Ford Freestyle?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Do auto insurance companies bend the truth?
Auto insurance companies such as State Farm and Allstate continually stream ads in print and on television. They all seem to say the same thing that you’ll save big after switching your coverage to them. How can each company make almost identical claims?
All the different companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of customer that earns them a profit. For example, a desirable insured could possibly be over the age of 50, is a homeowner, and chooses high deductibles. A driver who matches those parameters receives the best rates and therefore will save a lot of money.
Drivers who are not a match for this ideal profile will have to pay higher premiums and this can result in the customer not buying. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” not “people who quote” save money. That’s the way companies can truthfully make those claims.
Because of the profiling, it’s extremely important to get as many quotes as possible. It’s impossible to know which company will provide you with the cheapest Ford Freestyle insurance rates.
Auto insurance policy coverages for a 2006 Ford Freestyle
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Ford Freestyle.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Medical expense coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for expenses such as doctor visits, hospital visits, prosthetic devices, rehabilitation expenses and chiropractic care. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as rock chips in glass, hitting a bird, hail damage, fire damage and damage from flooding. The highest amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This protects you from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against claims like attorney fees, bail bonds, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and funeral expenses. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Freestyle resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things such as driving through your garage door, crashing into a ditch and sustaining damage from a pot hole. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Saving money makes a lot of cents
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, high rates after DUI convictions, extreme rates for teen drivers and questionable increases in premium. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company can be pretty painless.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, an insured dropped physical damage coverage and learned later that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price.
Cost effective 2006 Ford Freestyle insurance can be purchased on the web as well as from independent agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles:
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area