Cheapest 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 2, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for better insurance rates for your Dodge Grand Caravan? Finding better insurance prices for your Dodge Grand Caravan can turn out to be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to save time. There are both good and bad ways to compare insurance rates and we’ll show you the proper way to get price quotes for a Dodge and find the lowest possible price either online or from local insurance agents.
Insurance Coverage Comparison Rates
Lowering your 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan insurance coverage rates is actually quite simple. The only requirement is to take a few minutes to compare quotes online with multiple companies. This can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The easiest and least time consuming way to find low rates would be an industry-wide quote request form like this one (opens in new window). This easy form eliminates the need for a different quote to each individual insurance coverage company. One form submission gets you coverage quotes instantly.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
- A less efficient way to get comparison quotes is spending the time to visit the website for every company you want to comare and complete a new quote form. For examples sake, let’s say you want to compare GEICO, 21st Century and Progressive. To find out each rate you need to take the time to go to each site to input your insurance information, which is why most consumers use the first method.For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
However you get your quotes, be sure to compare apples-to-apples deductibles and coverage limits with each company. If each company quotes higher or lower deductibles it’s impossible to truly determine the lowest rate.
These discounts can slash auto insurance rates
Companies don’t list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both well-publicized and the harder-to-find ways to save on auto insurance. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Student in College – Kids in college who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Sign Online – A few companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application on their website.
- Safe Driver Discount – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% less for Grand Caravan insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies prior to your current policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Dodge could qualify for a substantially lower rate.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
A partial list of companies who might offer these discounts include:
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- American Family
- State Farm
Double check with each company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts might not be offered in your state.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
When might I need the advice of an agent?
When buying adequate coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Dodge Grand Caravan insurance premiums are calculated by many factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that go into determining your insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that can help you get big savings.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind – Liability insurance is the protection when a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Do you have a high stress job? – Careers like judges, architects and stock brokers tend to have the highest rates due to high stress and long work days. On the other hand, occupations like pilots, students and retirees receive lower rates for Grand Caravan insurance.
- Being married can save on insurance – Having a spouse helps lower the price on your insurance policy. Having a spouse is viewed as being more mature and it’s statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Adjust deductibles and save – Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are required to spend in the event of a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your car from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be for Grand Caravan insurance.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Residing in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents. City drivers regularly have congested traffic and a longer drive to work. Higher commute times means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – Insurance companies generally give better rates to people who do not file claims often. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Car insurance is designed for larger claims.
Auto insurance 101
Learning about specific coverages of auto insurance aids in choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
This will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as damage from flooding, vandalism, rock chips in glass and hitting a deer. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for prosthetic devices, hospital visits, nursing services and pain medications. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things such as emergency aid, bail bonds, legal defense fees and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like scraping a guard rail, rolling your car and backing into a parked car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This gives you protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
In the end, you save
Lower-priced 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan insurance can be found online in addition to many insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies do not provide online price quotes and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, someone sacrificed full coverage and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, unfair underwriting practices, delays in responding to claim requests and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies can be easier than you think.
Even more information is available by following these links:
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area