Cheapest 2006 Chevrolet Aveo Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 8, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Beginners to price shopping insurance online could find finding low-cost auto insurance quite challenging.
Discounts can save BIG
Auto insurance companies do not advertise all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of some of the best known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring more than one vehicle on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a course in driver safety could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Sign Early and Save – Select companies give a discount for switching to them prior to your current policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Chevy could qualify for better rates on cars that stay parked.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
A partial list of companies that may offer these benefits may include but are not limited to:
- American Family
- The Hartford
Double check with each company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts might not be offered everywhere.
These factors can influence Chevy Aveo insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get better insurance rates.
- Your insurance rates can be influenced by your job – Occupations like judges, architects and dentists tend to have the highest average rates attributed to high stress and lots of time spent at work. Other professions such as pilots, historians and retirees receive lower rates for Aveo coverage.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are quite a few extra coverages that you can buy if you aren’t careful. Coverages like roadside assistance, towing coverage and membership fees may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good at first, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
- Always keep insurance in force – Driving your car without having proper coverage can get your license suspended and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage have a gap. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates. If your Chevy Aveo is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
- Males pay more for insurance – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Both sexes tend to get into accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
- How your age affects price – Teenage drivers have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates. Older insureds are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims and receive fewer citations.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Many insurers will give a discount to people who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, you still need to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still find better rates by splitting coverages up.
- Liability insurance protects assets – The liability section of your policy will protect you if a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. It will provide you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in my state?
- What is PIP insurance?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Do car insurance companies bend the truth?
Car insurance providers like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO regularly use ads on TV and radio. They all make the same claim of big savings if you move to them. How does each company claim to save you money?
All the different companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of customer they prefer to insure. For example, a driver they prefer might be profiled as over the age of 50, insures multiple vehicles, and has a short commute. Any new insured who fits that profile will get very good rates and therefore will save a lot of money.
Drivers who don’t qualify for the requirements will be charged higher premiums and ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ad wording is “customers that switch” not “people who quote” save that much money. That’s the way companies can make those claims. That is why drivers must get quotes from several different companies. It’s just too difficult to predict which car insurance company will give you the biggest savings on Chevy Aveo insurance.
Detailed coverages of your auto insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of your policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Chevy Aveo.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Medical expense coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for bills such as prosthetic devices, X-ray expenses, dental work, EMT expenses and ambulance fees. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage protects you from damage that occurs to other’s property or people. It protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 50/100/50 that means you have a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, court costs and repair costs for stationary objects. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
This coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like theft, damage from getting keyed, vandalism and hitting a deer. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision coverage protection
This covers damage to your Aveo resulting from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things such as colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a ditch, driving through your garage door and hitting a mailbox. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Smart shoppers get results
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, an insured cut collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. The aim is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
The cheapest 2006 Chevy Aveo insurance can be purchased on the web and with local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, high prices, being labeled a high risk driver and even delays in responding to claim requests. Whatever your reason, switching auto insurance companies can be easier than you think.
Much more information about auto insurance can be found at the links below
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area