2010 Chevrolet Aveo Car Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Tired of scraping the payment together to insure your Chevy every month? You’re in the same situation as millions of other consumers. Popular companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance all promote huge savings with advertising and it is difficult to see past the geckos and flying pigs and take the time to shop coverage around.
It’s important to get comparison quotes every six months because insurance rates change frequently. Even if you think you had the best deal on Aveo insurance two years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the quickest way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
Don’t miss these discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you can get discounts to help offset the cost. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit. If you’re not getting every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify you for a discount on Aveo insurance with select insurance companies.
- Accident Forgiveness – A handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a course in driver safety could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will cut the cost of coverage.
Car insurance companies who might offer these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
Double check with each insurance company which discounts they offer. Discounts may not be available everywhere.
Finding Car Insurance Deals
Lowering your 2010 Chevy Aveo car insurance rates is a fairly straight forward process. The only requirement is to spend a little time comparing rate quotes online from several insurance companies. This can be done in a couple of different ways.
- The best way to compare a lot of rates at once is to use a rate comparison form like this one (opens in new window). This easy form prevents you from having to do multiple quote forms for each company you want a rate for. One form submission gets rate comparisons instantly.
- A more time consuming way to get comparison quotes is spending the time to visit each company’s website and request a quote. For sake of this example, let’s say you want rates from Liberty Mutual, Esurance and State Farm. To get each rate you have to spend time on each company’s site to enter your coverage information, and that’s why the first method is more popular. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
Which method you use is up to you, but make darn sure you compare identical coverages and limits for each comparison quote. If you use different limits and deductibles on each one it’s impossible to decipher which rate is best.
These factors can influence Chevy Aveo insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
Shown below are some of the items used by your company to calculate premiums.
- Safer occupants lowers premiums – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. These vehicles protect occupants better and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you. If your Chevy has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Better credit means lower rates – Having a bad credit score is a large factor in determining your rates. Therefore, if your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your 2010 Chevrolet Aveo by repairing your credit. Drivers with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with poor credit.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupations like real estate brokers, architects and stock brokers tend to have the highest rates attributed to stressful work requirements and long work days. On the other hand, occupations like actors, students and homemakers receive lower rates on Aveo insurance.
- Men fork out a little more – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Women and men are in accidents in similar numbers, but the men have costlier accidents. Men also statistically get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
- Low deductibles can be expensive – Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your Chevy from damage. Examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The more money you’re willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive on Aveo insurance.
When might I need help?
When choosing coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- If my 2010 Chevy Aveo is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Parts of your insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of your policy helps when choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find the normal coverages available from insurance companies.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Chevy Aveo.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Insurance for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for expenses for dental work, chiropractic care, pain medications and doctor visits. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as hitting a deer, hail damage and a broken windshield. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
This coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people in an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see values of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined limit which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers things such as loss of income, medical services, structural damage, emergency aid and legal defense fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage covers damage to your Aveo resulting from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims like hitting a mailbox, driving through your garage door, rolling your car and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
In any little way, save everyday
We covered a lot of techniques to compare 2010 Chevy Aveo insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest premiums are with a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
As you shop your coverage around, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
For more information, link through to these articles:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area