Cheapest 2005 Subaru Impreza Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jan 8, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Drivers have options when trying to find affordable Subaru Impreza insurance. You can either spend your time contacting agents to get rate comparisons or leverage the internet to make rate comparisons. There are more efficient ways to shop for auto insurance and you need to know the quickest way to compare rates for a new or used Subaru and get the lowest possible price from both online companies and local agents.
It’s a good habit to do rate comparisons before your policy renews because insurance rates tend to go up over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal for Impreza coverage last year you can probably find a better price now. There is a lot of bad information regarding auto insurance online but by reading this article, you’re going to learn the best ways to quit paying high auto insurance rates.
If you have insurance now or need a new policy, you can learn to find the best rates and possibly find even better coverage. The purpose of this article is to teach you how to get online quotes and some money-saving tips. Consumers only need to know the best way to shop for car insurance over the internet.
Comprehensive Auto Insurance Comparison Quotes
Reducing your 2005 Subaru Impreza insurance rates is not a difficult process. You just need to invest a little time to compare rate quotes provided by online insurance companies. This can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- The easiest and least time consuming way to find low rates is to use a rate comparison form click here to open form in new window. This method saves time by eliminating separate quotation requests for every auto insurance company. One form compares rates from multiple companies. This is by far the quickest method.
- A more difficult way to find lower rates is to manually visit the website of each company to complete their respective quote request forms. For instance, let’s say you want to compare State Farm, Allstate and Farmers. To find out each rate you need to go to every website and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
- The hardest way of getting rate comparisons is to spend time driving to and from local insurance agencies. Shopping for auto insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you require the professional guidance that only a license agent can provide. You can, however, find lower rates online and get advice from an agent in your area and we’ll talk about that later.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just make sure you use exactly the same information for every company. If you use different deductibles it’s not possible to make an equal comparison.
These factors can influence what you pay for Subaru Impreza insurance
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance coverage. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with big savings.
The list below includes some of the factors that factor into rates.
- More claims means more premium – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies provide cheaper rates to insureds who are claim-free. Car insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Occupation reflects on rates – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance coverage? Jobs such as lawyers, business owners and stock brokers tend to pay the highest rates attributed to job stress and long work hours. On the other hand, jobs such as actors, students and performers have the lowest average rates for Impreza coverage.
- Add-on coverages can add up – There are many additional coverages that can waste your money when buying insurance coverage. Insurance for personal injury protection, accident forgiveness and membership fees are some examples. These may sound like a good investment at first, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Save money with special equipment – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
- Marriage pays dividends – Having a spouse can get you a discount when buying insurance coverage. It means you’re more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates. If your Subaru Impreza earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
- More people means more accidents – Being located in small towns and rural areas can save you money when insuring your vehicles. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. Higher commute times can result in more accidents.
- Tickets mean higher rates – Just one citation may increase your cost forty percent or more. Drivers with clean records have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have flagrant citations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
Discounts to lower 2005 Subaru Impreza insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of some of the best known and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Student in College – Kids in college who live away from home without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house can help you save on auto insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on auto insurance for Impreza coverage.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple vehicles on the same auto insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To see a list of insurers with the best auto insurance discounts, click here.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying proper insurance coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Specific coverages for a Subaru Impreza
Understanding the coverages of a car insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things such as crashing into a building, crashing into a ditch, hitting a mailbox and colliding with another moving vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like damage from getting keyed, rock chips in glass, theft and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum payout your car insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property in an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things such as repair costs for stationary objects, medical services, legal defense fees, medical expenses and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for short-term medical expenses like prosthetic devices, rehabilitation expenses and EMT expenses. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover you and your occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage provides protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your 2005 Subaru Impreza.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Buy Smart and Save
When you buy insurance online, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Budget-conscious 2005 Subaru Impreza insurance is available on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, high rates after DUI convictions, questionable increases in premium or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, switching companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Even more information can be found at these sites:
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area