Cheapest 2005 Pontiac Grand Am Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Have you had enough of scraping the payment together to buy car insurance? You’re in the same situation as many other drivers.
With so many car insurance companies to choose from, it is very difficult to locate the right provider.
Smart consumers take time to compare rates quite often due to the fact that insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you had the best deal on Grand Am insurance a couple years back there may be better deals available now. So just block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re going to learn how to quote online to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Insurance Prices Online
There are several ways of comparing rate quotes from insurance companies in your area. The best way to compare 2005 Pontiac Grand Am insurance prices is to perform an online rate comparison. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- One of the simplest ways to get the best comparison quotes is to use a rate comparison form click to view form in new window. This type of form prevents you from having to do separate quote forms to each individual insurance company. One form will get you price quotes from multiple low-cost companies.
- A slightly less efficient method to compare rate quotes consists of going to each company’s website and fill out their own quote form. For instance, let’s assume you want to compare rates from State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. You would have to spend time on each company’s site and enter your information, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
Whichever method you choose, make darn sure you compare the exact same quote information with every price quote. If each company quotes different liability limits it will be impossible to make an equal comparison. Just a small difference in coverages can mean a large discrepancy in price. Just keep in mind that having more price comparisons will increase your chances of finding the best rates.
Pieces of the Pontiac Grand Am insurance rate puzzle
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that come into play when calculating your car insurance rates. Understanding what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that may reward you with lower car insurance prices.
- Being married can save on car insurance – Having a wife or husband actually saves money on your policy. Marriage means you’re more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Choosing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
- One company can mean more discounts – Some companies will give a discount to policyholders who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even though this discount sounds good, you may still want to shop around to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- With age comes lower rates – Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel. Young drivers tend to be more careless when behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- A lapse in coverage is a bad thing – Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a sure-fire way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? – Your policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Battle of the sexes – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes have accidents in similar numbers, but the men have costlier accidents. Men also statistically get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 tend to get in the most accidents and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
- Frequent car insurance claims increase rates – Auto insurance companies award lower rates to drivers who do not file claims often. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise every available discount very clearly, so we researched both well-publicized as well as the least known car insurance savings.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new car is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of certain professional organizations may earn a discount on your policy on Grand Am insurance.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers may qualify for a discount up to 10% on Grand Am insurance.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who are attending college without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment may qualify you for a discount on Grand Am insurance with certain companies.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
For a list of insurers with discount car insurance rates, click here.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same coverage
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions may help you determine whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- How high should deductibles be on a 2005 Pontiac Grand Am?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Car insurance coverage options for a Pontiac Grand Am
Knowing the specifics of your policy helps when choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find typical coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
This coverage provides protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Pontiac Grand Am.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Medical costs insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for bills for things like prosthetic devices, EMT expenses and hospital visits. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance covers damage to your Grand Am from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things such as crashing into a building, driving through your garage door, rolling your car and hitting a parking meter. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as vandalism, damage from a tornado or hurricane and hitting a deer. The most a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 100/300/100 which means a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things such as court costs, funeral expenses, loss of income, bail bonds and attorney fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Smart shoppers get results
When shopping online for insurance, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, an insured dropped collision coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheaper 2005 Pontiac Grand Am insurance is definitely available online and with local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Much more information about insurance is located at the links below
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area