Cheapest 2003 Pontiac Grand Am Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want cheaper car insurance rates for your Pontiac Grand Am? Consumers who are new to price shopping insurance online might discover shopping for cheap car insurance quite difficult.
It’s smart to compare rates before your policy renews because prices change regularly. Even if you got the best price for Grand Am insurance a couple years back you can probably find a better price now. So block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the easiest way to save on car insurance.
If you currently have car insurance, you will be able to reduce your rates substantially using these methods. This article will teach you how to effectively get price quotes. But drivers must learn the methods companies use to compete online and apply this information to your search.
Free Auto Insurance Quotes
When shopping for auto insurance there are multiple ways of comparing price quotes from different insurance companies. The easiest way by far to find the lowest 2003 Pontiac Grand Am rates consists of shopping online. This can be done using a couple different methods.
- Probably the best way to get the best comparison quotes is to use a rate comparison form (click to open form in new window). This form prevents you from having to do repetitive form entry for each company. In just a few minutes this one form will get you price quotes from many national carriers. This is perfect if you don’t have a lot of time.
- A harder way to compare rate quotes is spending the time to visit each individual company website and complete a new quote form.
However you get your quotes, compare apples-to-apples coverages and limits on every quote. If each company quotes unequal deductibles or liability limits it’s not possible to determine the best price for your Pontiac Grand Am. Quoting even small variations in limits may result in a large different in cost. Just remember that having more price comparisons will improve the odds of getting the best price.
Discounts are great for lower rates
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there are discounts available that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be applied when you purchase, but a few need to be specially asked for before being credited.
- Life Insurance – Some companies give a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- College Student – Kids in college who are attending college and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts can save up to 15% off your medical payments premium.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a course in driver safety can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Own a Home – Owning a home can help you save on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Paperwork-free – Some insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing on their website.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount will reduce the cost of coverage.
Companies who might offer these discounts include:
- 21st Century
- State Farm
Double check with all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Discounts might not be offered in your state.
You may need specialized coverage
When buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Are my friends covered when driving my 2003 Pontiac Grand Am?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Car insurance coverages for a Pontiac Grand Am
Understanding the coverages of your policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims like scraping a guard rail, hitting a mailbox and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from flooding and vandalism. The most your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This provides protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Pontiac Grand Am.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Frequently these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Medical expense coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses such as hospital visits, ambulance fees, doctor visits and pain medications. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers you and your occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see values of 100/300/100 which stand for a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as bail bonds, pain and suffering and medical expenses. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but buy higher limits if possible.
Save your hard earned cash
Cheaper 2003 Pontiac Grand Am insurance can be bought both online in addition to many insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who do not provide online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, an insured cut full coverage and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to reduce insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may discover the lowest premiums are with a lesser-known regional company.
Additional information is located on the following sites:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area