Cheaper 2005 Ford Mustang Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find lower insurance rates for your Ford Mustang? Are you a victim of overpriced insurance? Trust us, you’re not the only one. Drivers have multiple car insurance companies to choose from, and though it is a good thing to have multiple companies, so many choices can make it hard to find a good deal.
You might wonder if insuring an older model vehicle is difficult. It doesn’t have to be. Buying car insurance is quite easy. If you are insured now or need a new policy, you can follow these tips to cut your premiums while maintaining coverages. Vehicle owners just need to learn the most effective way to buy car insurance over the internet.
Ford Mustang Insurance Rates have Many Determining Factors
It’s important that you understand the factors that help determine car insurance rates. Knowing what influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to lower car insurance prices.
- Occupation reflects on rates – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Careers like lawyers, business owners and stock brokers have the highest rates due to stressful work requirements and lengthy work days. On the other hand, jobs such as actors, students and performers get better rates on Mustang coverage.
- The more you drive the more you pay – The higher the mileage driven each year the more you will pay for car insurance. Most insurance companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. Having the wrong rating on your Mustang can result in significantly higher rates. Double check that your car insurance declarations sheet properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars protect occupants better and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates. If the Ford Mustang has a rating of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you will probably receive a discount on your premiums.
- Little extras can really add up – There are many additional coverages that can waste your money when buying car insurance. Insurance for roadside assistance, accident forgiveness and term life insurance may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment when talking to your agent, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Most companies will award you with lower prices to insureds who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. With insurance coverage, discounts can range anywhere from 5% to 10%, in most cases. If you currently are using one insurance company, it’s in your best interest to compare rates to ensure the best deal.
Cheap Auto Insurance Comparisons
Are you ready to insure your 2005 Mustang? Cheap auto insurance rates can be found. However, comparing insurance rates can take hours if you don’t understand the easiest way. You could waste a few hours discussing policy coverages with local insurance agents in your area, or you can utilize online quotes to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
Most major companies are enrolled in a marketplace where insurance shoppers submit one quote, and at least one company then gives them pricing based on that data. This prevents consumers from doing repetitive form submissions for each company.
To find out how much you can save on auto insurance click here to start a free quote.
The only drawback to using this type of form is you cannot specify the companies to get pricing from. If you would rather choose specific providers to request quotes from, we have assembled a list of the cheapest auto insurance companies in your area. Click here to view list.
Whichever way you use, be sure to compare identical deductibles and coverage limits on every quote you get. If each company quotes different liability limits it will be next to impossible to determine the best price for your Ford Mustang.
Discounts are Available to Cut Your Rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both the well known and the harder-to-find ways to save on auto insurance. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Ford can earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower rates.
- E-sign – Certain companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts up to 30%.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially compared to accident-prone drivers.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Insurance companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
- Farmers Insurance
- State Farm
It’s a good idea to ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts might not be offered in every state.
Everyone Needs Different Coverages
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions might help in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Learn About Insurance Coverages for a Ford Mustang
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are typical coverages offered by insurance companies.
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Mustang caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a mailbox and crashing into a ditch. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This provides protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Ford Mustang.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from flooding and falling objects. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for expenses for EMT expenses, prosthetic devices, dental work, hospital visits and rehabilitation expenses. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability auto insurance
This protects you from damage that occurs to other’s property or people that is your fault. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 50/100/50 which means a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for things like attorney fees, funeral expenses and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Spend less. Save more.
Low-cost 2005 Ford Mustang insurance is available online and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Additional information can be found below:
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area