Cheapest 2004 Toyota Corolla Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 29, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy an underperforming, overpriced insurance policy? Trust us, you’re not alone.
There is such a variety of auto insurance companies to buy insurance from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, it can be more difficult to compare rates.
Smart consumers take time to take a look at other company’s rates at least once a year because insurance rates trend upward over time. Even if you got the lowest rates for Corolla insurance a couple years back there may be better deals available now. So just forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you’re about to learn the fastest way to save on insurance.
More discounts equal less premium
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you can get discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Resident Student – Kids in college who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can save up to 30% since new cars are generally safer.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates for Corolla insurance than drivers with accidents.
- No Charge for an Accident – Some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will bring down the amount you have to pay.
The easiest way to compare car insurance company rates utilizes the fact most larger insurance companies participate in online systems to quote your coverage. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details such as whether you are single or married, if you went to college, if your license is active, and how much you drive. Your details is submitted instantly to many highly-rated insurers and you will get price comparisons with very little delay.
To get price quotes for your 2004 Toyota Corolla, click here and enter your coverage details.
It’s not one size fits all
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Parts of your insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are the normal coverages offered by insurance companies.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like fire damage, hail damage and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as hitting a parking meter, driving through your garage door, sideswiping another vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole and crashing into a building. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Toyota Corolla.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Liability insurance protects you from damage that occurs to other’s property or people in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for things like attorney fees, legal defense fees and medical expenses. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for bills for nursing services, dental work, prosthetic devices and funeral costs. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Do the work, save more money
Low-cost 2004 Toyota Corolla insurance is attainable from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
You just learned many tips how you can lower your insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with the least-expected company. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Additional information can be found at these links:
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area