Cheapest 2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Feel like you’re a prisoner to an overpriced insurance coverage policy? Trust us when we tell you you’re not the only one. Online insurance companies like State Farm and GEICO all promote huge savings with advertising and it can be hard to see past the geckos and flying pigs and find the best price available.
If you have insurance now or are just looking to switch companies, you can use this information to find better prices while maximizing coverage. Buying car insurance is not that difficult. Consumers only need to know the proper way to compare prices online.
Lots of discounts mean lots of savings
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you can get discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically prior to getting the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for all your vehicles with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers may qualify for better auto insurance rates for Malibu Maxx insurance.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a driver safety course could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck. But all discounts will bring down your overall premium however.
Companies who might offer these discounts include:
- State Farm
- Farm Bureau
Double check with each insurance company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts might not apply everywhere.
Automobile Insurance Quotes
Effectively comparing insurance prices can take time and effort if you don’t utilize the most efficient way. You can waste a few hours (or days) talking to insurance agencies in your area, or you can stay home and use online quotes to get the quickest rates.
Most major companies participate in an industry program where prospective buyers submit one quote, and each company returns a competitive quote. This prevents consumers from doing repetitive form submissions for each company.
To get comparison pricing now click here (opens in new window).
The only drawback to using this type of form is you can’t choose which carriers to get quotes from. So if you prefer to pick from a list of companies to compare rates, we put together a list of insurance companies in your area. Click here to view list.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just ensure you’re using exactly the same deductibles and coverage limits with every price quote. If you have different liability limits you will not be able to truly determine the lowest rate.
Factors that might impact rates for a Chevy Malibu Maxx
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower auto insurance prices.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Getting married can actually save you money on your policy. Having a spouse usually means you are more mature and statistics show married couples file fewer claims.
- Better credit means lower rates – Having a bad credit score is a important factor in determining your rates. People with good credit tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with lower credit scores. So if your credit score is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2004 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx by repairing your credit.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart car theft.
- Your age impacts your rates – Older drivers are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets. Youthful drivers are statistically proven to be less responsible behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- You might want pay the small claims yourself – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Companies provide better rates to people who file claims infrequently. Your insurance policy is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Your location affects your rates – Living in less populated areas has it’s advantages when buying auto insurance. Urban drivers have to deal with congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents.
- Always keep insurance in force – Not having insurance is illegal and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance lapse. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage may earn you a license revocation or jail time.You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with your state department of motor vehicles.
Situations that might require an agent
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions may help highlight whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- If my 2004 Chevy Malibu Maxx is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Is my 2004 Chevy Malibu Maxx covered for smoke damage?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Don’t listen to company ads
Drivers can’t get away from ads for cheaper car insurance by companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. All the companies have a common claim about savings if you move to them.
But how can every company say the same thing? It’s all in the numbers.
All companies have a preferred profile for the driver that is profitable for them. A good example of a profitable customer might be profiled as between 25 and 40, is a homeowner, and drives newer vehicles. Any driver that hits that “sweet spot” will qualify for the lowest rates and therefore will cut their rates substantially.
Consumers who don’t measure up to this ideal profile must pay more money which leads to business not being written. The ad wording is “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. That is how companies can claim big savings.
This illustrates why you absolutely need to compare as many rates as you can. You cannot predict the company that will have the lowest Chevy Malibu Maxx insurance rates.
What insurance coverages do you need?
Having a good grasp of your policy aids in choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are typical coverage types available from insurance companies.
Comprehensive auto coverage – Comprehensive insurance pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, vandalism and rock chips in glass. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – This coverage provides protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your 2004 Chevy Malibu Maxx.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Normally these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for expenses like prosthetic devices, surgery and ambulance fees. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision coverage – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Malibu Maxx resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things like sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a mailbox, rolling your car and driving through your garage door. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Liability auto insurance – This coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see values of 25/50/25 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is a combined limit which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for things such as bail bonds, repair costs for stationary objects and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Make a quick buck
We’ve covered a lot of information how to get a better price on 2004 Chevy Malibu Maxx insurance. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier. They can often provide lower rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
The cheapest insurance is definitely available online and with local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers do not offer online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Additional insurance information can be read on the following sites:
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area