2004 Buick Rendezvous Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 2, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy an overpriced car insurance policy? Trust us, there are lots of people in the same boat.
There are many car insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and even though it’s nice to have a selection, too many choices makes it more difficult to find the best rates for your vehicles.
Finding affordable coverage is not that difficult. If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to cut costs considerably using these methods. But drivers can benefit from knowing the methods companies use to determine prices.
Insurance Quote Comparison
To find the best insurance prices, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from insurance companies in your area. One of the best ways to find competitive 2004 Buick Rendezvous insurance rates consists of shopping online. This is very easy and can be done using a couple different methods.
One of the simplest ways consumers can analyze rates would be an industry-wide quote request form click to view form in new window. This method saves time by eliminating repetitive form entry for every insurance company. A single, simple form compares rates instantly.
A less efficient way to compare rate quotes requires a trip to each company’s website to complete their respective quote request forms. For examples sake, let’s say you want to compare Farmers, Esurance and State Farm. You would have to visit each site and enter your policy data, which is why most consumers use the first method.
To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
Whichever method you choose, make sure you use apples-to-apples coverage limits and deductibles for every company. If the quotes have unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be very difficult to determine the best price for your Buick Rendezvous. Just a small difference in insurance coverages can mean a large discrepancy in price. It’s important to know that obtaining a wide range of quotes will increase your chances of finding better pricing.
Do you really save 40% when you switch?
Companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO continually stream ads in print and on television. All the ads say the same thing that you can save after switching to them. How can each company make almost identical claims? This is how they do it.
All companies have a certain “appetite” for the right customer that earns them a profit. An example of a profitable customer might be a mature driver, has no driving citations, and has a short commute. Any driver who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Drivers who don’t measure up to these standards will be quoted a higher premium which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say “people who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much. That’s the way companies can advertise the way they do. This emphasizes why drivers must get a wide range of price quotes. Because you never know which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
Buick Rendezvous rates are complex
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. Knowing what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that will entitle you to big savings.
The following are some of the factors car insurance companies consider when setting prices.
- Protect your assets with liability insurance – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection when you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
- Teen drivers pay high rates – More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers. Teen drivers are known to get distracted easily when driving therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – Your credit history is a important factor in calculating your car insurance rates. If your credit score is not that good, you could save money insuring your 2004 Buick Rendezvous by repairing your credit. People with high credit scores tend to be more responsible than those with lower credit scores.
- Traffic citations inflate rates – Only having one speeding ticket can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Good drivers receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers with flagrant tickets such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
- Do you have a high stress job? – Jobs such as lawyers, social workers and accountants tend to pay higher rates than average in part from stressful work requirements and lengthy work days. On the flip side, jobs such as actors, athletes and the unemployed have the lowest average rates for Rendezvous insurance.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Cut prices on Buick Rendezvous insurance
Auto insurance companies don’t list all their discounts very well, so we researched both the well known and the more hidden insurance coverage savings.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could save 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for all your vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Companies that may have some of the above discounts include:
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Savings may not be available in your state.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Does my 2004 Buick Rendezvous need full coverage?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Detailed coverages of your car insurance policy
Having a good grasp of car insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are typical coverage types found on the average car insurance policy.
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like hail damage, vandalism, hitting a bird and hitting a deer. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, structural damage and bail bonds. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage provides protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Buick Rendezvous.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
This pays for damage to your Rendezvous caused by collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things such as sideswiping another vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for expenses for funeral costs, prosthetic devices, ambulance fees and chiropractic care. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Don’t be a big spender
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
We just covered many ways to get a better price on 2004 Buick Rendezvous insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance coverage comes from some of the smallest insurance companies. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
Low-cost insurance can be purchased both online and with local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. A few companies do not offer online quoting and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Much more information about insurance coverage is located at these links:
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area