Cheapest 2004 Audi S4 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
No one in their right mind likes paying for car insurance, particularly when the price is too high.
Lots of insurers contend for your hard-earned dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the definite cheapest price
It’s a good idea to compare prices once or twice a year because rates change frequently. Just because you found the lowest price on S4 coverage a year ago you may be paying too much now. Starting right now, forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re about to learn how to quote online to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
If you have car insurance now, you will most likely be able to save some money using these tips. Choosing the best insurance company for you is easy if you know what you’re doing. Although drivers need to have an understanding of how big insurance companies compete online.
More discounts equal less premium
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, buy you may qualify for discounts that you may not know about. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked about before they will apply.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of a professional or civic organization may earn a discount when buying auto insurance on S4 coverage.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies offer discounts for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- One Accident Forgiven – Some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers pay less when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% on S4 coverage depending on your company.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will cut the amount you have to pay.
To see a list of insurers who offer auto insurance discounts, click here to view.
Where Can I Get Cheap Insurance Coverage?
When shopping for insurance coverage there are multiple ways of comparing price quotes from different insurance companies. The best method to find the cheapest 2004 Audi S4 insurance rates is to get quotes online. This can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The most efficient way to find low rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison like this one (opens in new window). This easy form saves time by eliminating separate quotes for each company. Taking the time to complete one form will return price quotes from multiple low-cost companies.
- A more difficult way to compare prices requires you to visit each individual company website to complete a price quote. For example, we’ll pretend you want rates from Nationwide, Esurance and Travelers. To find out each rate you need to visit each site to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is quicker. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
However you get your quotes, make darn sure you compare the exact same quote information with every price quote. If each company quotes mixed coverages it will be impossible to make an equal comparison. Just a small difference in coverage limits can mean a large discrepancy in price. Just remember that more quotes will improve the odds of getting the best price.
Audi S4 premiums are determined by many factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that go into determining the price you pay for insurance. Understanding what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Pleasure use saves money – The more you drive every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Double check that your insurance policy is rated on the correct driver usage, because it can save money. Incorrect usage on your S4 can cost quite a bit.
- More people means more accidents – Choosing to live in a rural area has it’s advantages when it comes to insurance. Lower population means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with congested traffic and much longer commute distances. More time on the road can result in more accidents.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind – The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you if you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Too many insurance claims drive up costs – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance companies award better rates to drivers who are claim-free. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Older drivers save more – Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims and receive fewer citations. Teen drivers tend to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
It’s not one size fits all
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions might point out if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my 2004 Audi S4?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- What if I total my 2004 Audi S4 and owe more than it’s worth?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Coverages available on your policy
Learning about specific coverages of a auto insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are the usual coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like damage from a tornado or hurricane, hail damage and hitting a deer. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Medical expense coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for expenses like ambulance fees, hospital visits, surgery, rehabilitation expenses and EMT expenses. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover you and your occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Audi S4.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Most of the time these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
This protects you from damage that occurs to a person or their property that is your fault. It protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 100/300/100 which means a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers things like repair costs for stationary objects, structural damage, attorney fees and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage pays for damage to your S4 from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things like scraping a guard rail, driving through your garage door, backing into a parked car, rolling your car and hitting a parking meter. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Save your cold hard cash
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
You just read a lot of information how to reduce 2004 Audi S4 insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may even find the best prices are with a smaller regional carrier. Smaller companies often have lower prices on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
To read more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area